- Vacancy Reference: #036084
- St Helens
- £136.50 per week
- Closing Date: 24/05/2019
Brief Employer Description
Administration Assistant Apprentice required for Donation and Distribution Centre for St Helen based hospice who cares for patients with life limiting diseases living in St Helens, Knowsley and the surrounding areas.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
To assist with the provision of an effective clerical and administrative service, including the use of Microsoft Office packages and databases. Duties include :
Undertake correspondence and type reports and documents within appropriate deadlines.
Undertake routine correspondence as required.
Undertake word-processing when required.
Undertake photocopying as required.
Receive and deal appropriately with telephone calls and messages.
Deal with incoming and outgoing post.
Liaise with clerical volunteers.
Be flexible and aware of all administrational tasks required in order to facilitate smooth running of the service and undertake such duties delegated by the Senior Administrator.
Maintain confidentiality in respect of all information.
Assist with the collation of statistical information required for Trading Company Manager
Assist with and update as necessary drivers logistical diary
Assist with the maintenance of lottery database.
Assist with the co-ordinating of financial records.
Maintain monthly stationery and postage budget control, ensuring expenditure does not exceed budget
Required Skills, Qualifications & Personal Qualifications
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good telephone manner
- Computer literate
- No experience is required as full training is provided
Required Personal Qualities
- Team player
- Willing to learn and use initiative
- Keen to build career and stay with the company
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic
Further personal qualities
• Demonstrate competent IT skills / familiar with a variety of Microsoft applications
• Mature & professional attitude
• Tact, diplomacy
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Team player
A permanent role in the business