Are you looking to start a career in Hair or Beauty?
Our purpose built Hair & Beauty Academy offers a range of hair and beauty courses all designed to help you start or progress your career in the hair and beauty industry.
Fast Track to Apprenticeships
If you’re 16-18 you can kick start your career in the hairdressing industry on our Fast Track to Apprenticeships course in Hair & Beauty
This is a full-time course running for up to 12 weeks and includes:
- Hairdressing Skills – Salon reception and customer service, shampoo and conditioning, basic blow drying skills, salon safety, salon hygiene, and an introduction to the hair sector
- Employability Skills – CV writing, interview skills, work ethics, professional behaviour and personal development.
- English and Maths (if you need it)
- Work experience in a local salon
- Help finding an Apprenticeship with a local salon
- Hairdressing kit worth over £100 on successful completion/securing an Apprenticeship
On securing your Apprenticeship St Helens Chamber will continue to provide regular training both at your workplace and through regular tutorials at the Hair & Beauty Academy.
Diploma in Hairdressing
If you’re aged 19 or over and currently unemployed you can get yourself ready for a career in Hairdressing with our Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing.
You will train two days per week for six months at the Hair & Beauty Academy and undertake training in our purpose-built salon.
The programme includes:
- Hairdressing Skills – Salon reception and customer service, shampoo and conditioning, blow drying skills, salon safety, colour techniques, salon hygiene, and an introduction to the hair sector
- Access to a dedicated Training Adviser
- Learners will receive a Salon Tunic after 2 weeks of attendance
Free Short Courses
We also offer a range of short courses which run each month. Courses include:
- Modern Retro and Vintage Hair
- Spray Tanning
- Gel Nails
- Day, Evening and Bridal Makeup
- Introduction to Aromatherapy
Course start dates can be viewed here.
For more information about any of our Hair & Beauty courses, including course start dates, contact Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.