Are you looking to start a career in Hair or Beauty?
Our purpose built Hair and Beauty training Academy offers a range of hair and beauty courses all designed to help you start or progress your hair or beauty career.
Hairdressing Traineeships and Apprenticeships
If you’re aged 16-18 you can kick start your career in the hairdressing industry on our Hairdressing Fast Track to an Apprenticeship courses and Apprenticeships.
The Traineeship programme includes:
- Hairdressing Skills – Salon reception and customer service, shampoo and conditioning, basic blow drying skills, salon safety, salon hygiene, and an introduction to the hair sector
- Employability skills – CV writing, interview skills, work ethics, professional behaviour and personal development. English and Maths (if you need it)
- Work experience in a local salon
- Help finding an Apprenticeship with a local salon
- Hairdressing ‘kit’ on successful completion/securing an Apprenticeship
On securing your Apprenticeship St Helens Chamber will continue to provide regular training both at your workplace and through regular tutorials at the Hair & Beauty Academy.
Diploma in Hairdressing
If you’re aged 19 or over you can get yourself ready for a career in Hairdressing with our Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing.
During the first 6 months you will train two days per week at the Hair & Beauty Academy and undertake training in our purpose-built salon.
The programme includes:
- Hairdressing Skills – Salon reception and customer service, shampoo and conditioning, blow drying skills, salon safety, colour techniques, salon hygiene, and an introduction to the hair sector
- Access to a dedicated Training Adviser
- Learners will receive a Salon Tunic after 2 weeks of attendance
Free Hair and Beauty Short Courses
We also offer a range of short courses in subjects such as gel nails, spray tanning, barbering, aromatherapy and hair design. For details on course start dates please call us.
For more information about any of our Hair & Beauty courses, including course start dates, contact Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.