St Helens Chamber has received new funding from Liverpool City Region’s Test and Learn scheme and is introducing a new Wellbeing to Work programme, starting 12th October. This programme has been specially designed to help people with mild to moderate mental health issues to build their confidence and skills to get back into the workplace.
The training runs over seven weeks and is bespoke to the individual. Attendees can come to between one and three sessions per week depending on their needs and will benefit from a range of support throughout their time on the course.
The Wellbeing to Work programme includes a range of different sessions, all aimed at helping people with mental health issues learn to cope and then, when they are ready, get back into the workplace.
Wellbeing to Work includes:
- Sessions on healthy eating and preparing meals on the go
- Yoga sessions
- Wellness walks
- Guest speakers covering a range of topics including Stress management techniques
- Sessions with Jo from the Happiness Club
- 3 x free counselling sessions
- Involvement in a community event
- Fortnightly one to one support with a trained mental health professional
The Wellbeing to Work programme is open to anyone, employed or unemployed, living in the Liverpool City Region and aged 19+.
With only 20 places available on the Wellness to Work programme, St Helens Chamber is encouraging anyone interested to apply early to secure their place.
To find out more about enrolling on this course, or supporting people as an employer, call Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org