St Helens Chamber
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
This unit provides learners with an introduction to Autism, covering what is meant by ‘autism’, theories and diagnosis. Learners will also look at common misconceptions associated with Autism and conditions that can co-occur with Autism.
This course would be suitable for those aiming to, or who already work, in the following sectors – health & social care, education, early years, employability, leisure and voluntary.
Learners will work towards the following learning outcomes;
- Understand what is meant by ‘Autism’ including Autistic Spectrum Condition, Asperger Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism
- Know theories related to Autism including Kanner, Wing & Gould
- Know how Autism is diagnosed
- Understand the characteristics that may be present in individuals with Autism
- Know about conditions that commonly co-occur with Autism
- Understand common misconceptions surrounding Autism.
Learners will be assessed against a portfolio of evidence which may include assignments, case studies, questioning and discussion.
For more information please contact us on 01744 698800 or email@example.com