Our Information, Advice and Guidance qualification is suitable for you if you are working in a role, or looking to progress into employment, where you will give introductory information, advice or guidance to others and have no formal qualifications in this area.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance,
There are no specific prior qualifications needed to access this qualification. This qualification is suitable for anyone who wants to gain a more in-depth understanding of the roles of information, advice and guidance workers.
- An understanding of the differences between information, advice and guidance and the requirements of different clients and how these could be met. Knowledge of boundaries and responsibilities in offering information, advice and guidance, including signposting, referrals and record-keeping.
- How to interact with clients, including appropriate and effective question styles, listening skills and non-verbal communication skills. Knowledge of the impact of values, beliefs and attitudes on the interactions and the importance of confidentiality and impartiality
- The difference between signposting and referrals, when it is appropriate to refer or signpost an individual organisation’s procedures. Knowledge of good practice when signposting and referring, including recording, monitoring and evaluating signposting and referrals
- Exploring different ways of assisting clients to explore and make choices. Knowledge on discriminatory practices and behaviours affecting specific client groups, barriers and how to overcome them
- The range of media that can be used and adapted for different client needs, storage and retrieval of information and how information is updated and maintained within their own organisation.
Additionally, you will also learn about how to support clients with creating an effective CV and improving their interview skills, as well as reflecting on your own practice in these areas.
This remote course will be delivered via Microsoft Teams and a strong internet connection will be essential. Joining instructions along with workbooks and resources will be emailed once enrolment paperwork has been completed and returned.
For further information about this course, please contact 01744 6988000 or firstname.lastname@example.org