Thanks to funding from the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority’s Adult Education Budget we are pleased to be able to offer this course free of charge – provided that attendees were aged 19 or above as of 31/8/22, reside in the Liverpool City Region, and have lived in the UK, EU or EEA for the past three consecutive years.
If you do not meet the above criteria we can still offer this course on a commercial basis – please enquire for further details.
Qualification: Gateway Qualifications Level 1 Award in Counselling Skills
The objective of this course is to give learners an introduction to Counselling Skills in preparation for further learning or training. The development of listening skills will also support learners to develop skills need in daily life and at work for example in the field of health and social care.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Know the issues for which people seek counselling
- Understand the skills used by counsellors
- Be able to demonstrate empathy when using counselling skills
- Be able to observe boundaries when using counselling skills
- Recognise and respond appropriately to different emotions displayed
- Manage own emotions and prejudices so that the person being helped is not adversely affected.
Upon completion of this course, learners may wish to progress onto a Level 2 Counselling qualifications, or use their new skills to develop their career.
Assessment is via a portfolio of evidence.
For further information or to enrol, please contact us via 01744 698800 or firstname.lastname@example.org