Are you aged 16-24 and looking to start a career in Adult Care? Our new programme can help. Lasting up to 12 weeks, this programme will give you practical experience, qualifications and all the skills that local employers are looking for – including Maths and English if you need it.
What does the Fast Track to Employment programme include?
The Fast Track to Employment programme in Adult Care includes everything you need to get started.
Alongside 5 weeks work experience with a fantastic local employer, giving you practical experience and a reference, you’ll also benefit from training and enrichment activities to make you stand out at application and interview stages!
Nationally Recognised Qualifications
These qualifications are specially selected to help you to get the knowledge you need to get started.
Level 1 Award in Personal Development
By the end of the course, attendees will have learnt about the following;
- Assessing yourself for a career, including being able to evaluate own skills and personal attributes to inform career choices and planning the development of skills and personal attributes for a career
- Self-management skills, including understanding it’s importance, and being able to review your own self-management skills for work
- Searching for a job, including how to use sources of information about jobs, how to relate own skills/interests/achievements to job roles and being able to investigate job vacancies further such as communicating effectively with employers
- Developing effective communication skills for the workplace
- Complaint resolutions
Skills added to your CV
During the training you’ll gain plenty of industry specific skills, and transferrable skills, to help you start your career and succeed!
- Personal Development
- Safeguarding (Adults and children and young people)
- Duty of Care
- Mental Health
- Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and discrimination
- Dignity and privacy
- Mental Health
- Health and safety
- First Aid
- Person Centred Approach
- Nutrition and hydration
- Partnership Working
- Handling information
- Presentation Skills
Enrichment activities and special projects
During this programme, you’ll have access to a number of guest speakers, enrichment days and lots of activities to further develop your skills and expand your knowledge in a range of areas. These give you a great talking point at interviews too!
Access to exclusive vacancies with local employers
When you’re ready to enter the workplace, we’ll support you to apply for a range of exclusive vacancies – which range from Apprenticeships to other full time/part time vacancies, depending on your goals.
We’re currently working with fantastic employers such as: