Starting Point is here to help those seeking employment during these challenging times. We will be posting the latest advice and guidance on finding work and how to access any additional help the Government may be providing.
National Careers Service
We understand that now, more than ever, people need support in getting into work, especially if you have recently been made redundant. We are still offering telephone appointments only.
During telephone appointments we can offer support with:
- Searching and applying for work
- General career guidance
- CV writing and interview skills
- Accessing funding after redundancy
To book a telephone appointment, please call on 01744 698800 or email email@example.com
Employers recruiting now
We are constantly working with businesses and local authorities and are monitoring media updates to bring you a list of companies with vacancies you can apply for now. Starting Point can help with your application to give you the best chances of success (simply book a telephone appointment with the team and we will guide you through the process) This list will be added to as we receive updates:
- Tesco Customer Service roles
- ASDA Delivery Driver roles
- B&M Customer Service roles
- Co-Op Customer Service roles
- ALDI- Customer Service roles (drop CV in local store to apply)
- Sainsbury's Customer Service roles
- Hermes Self Employed Delivery Driver
- HR GO Inbound Helpline Advisers
- Amazon Warehouse Operatives
- Deliveroo Self Employed Delivery Driver
- Just Eat Self Employed Delivery Driver
- LIDL Customer Service roles
- M&S Food Customer Service roles
- Uber Eats Self Employed Delivery Driver
- Morrisons Customer Service roles
- Home Bargains Customer Service roles (drop CV in local store to apply)
- Iceland Store Assistants and Delivery Drivers
- Flightcare - Handy person, HCA, Senior HCA, Kitchen assistant and RGN
- Census 2021 Various roles
- The Contact Company - Picker and Packers (call 0151 443 6258/6878/6211/6223/6598 for more details)
- The Contact Company - Customer Service Advisers (call 0151 443 6258/6878/6211/6223/6598 for more details)
- The Contact Company - Admin roles (call 0151 443 6258/6878/6211/6223/6598 for more details)
- Bookers Haydock industrial Estate Warehouse Operative both Days and Nights
- Care at Home Group Care Workers
- Warehouse Operatives in Haydock (please text 07815491411 if interested)
- Acorn Recruitment FLT Drivers in Runcorn
- Staffing Match Retail warehouse voice order pickers
- Staffing Match LLOP Driver
- Staffing Match Picker Packers
- Blue Arrow Hospital Cleaners
- Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Warrington)
Call us on 01744 698800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment and access application help.
You are not alone at this difficult time - we can offer help with searching for jobs, job applications, CV writing and interview skills remotely. Starting Point can also help you apply for funding to help you retrain and ensure your qualifications are up to date so you can get back into the workplace as quickly as possible.
Funding for training can be applied for 13 weeks prior/post redundancy date, and training must be related to your previous job role (it can also be used to venture into self-employment if you have a business plan). This funding can be used towards training, a course, qualification or licence; the course must be short (less than 2 weeks measured on a full-time basis) and face-to-face.
For more information on applying for redundancy support funding, call us on 01744 698800 or email email@example.com
Free training courses
Where possible, we are offering remote training so you can still add valuable skills to your CV and stand out to employers looking for staff.
Courses currently planned to run remotely are:
- Digital Skills for Jobseekers (2nd April)
- Introduction to Digital Marketing (14th April)
- Microsoft Office Essentials (20th April)
- Level 2 Digital Marketing (21st April)
Updated list of remote courses
If you'd like to sharpen your digital skills, call us on 01744 698800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessing help and Government Services
If you are in need of financial help, the Government has put additional measures in place to support people. Below are some useful links which can help you:
Starting Point is still here to help and will continue supporting anyone who is looking for work. Please call on 01744 698800 or email email@example.com with any queries.