We are offering a range of services to help people across the region find work and access any support they need. Please click below to find out more about how we can support you:
- Local Vacancies
- Support finding & applying for jobs
- Redundancy Support
- Free training courses
- Government Support
- Mental Health Help
Support with finding a job, redundancy and for furloughed workers
We understand that now, more than ever, people need support in getting into work, especially if you have recently been made redundant.
During our appointments we can help you search and apply for work, give career guidance, help with CV writing and offer redundancy support.
Our range of free short courses would also suit furloughed workers looking to refresh their skills.
To book an appointment, please call on 01744 698800/07834748137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
**If you've made an enquiry, you may receive a call back from our office mobile phone on 07834748137**
We are constantly working with businesses and local authorities and are monitoring updates to bring you a list of companies with vacancies you can apply for now.
Starting Point can help with your application to give you the best chances of success (simply book an appointment with the team on 01744 698800 and we will guide you through the process).
This list will be added to as we receive updates:
Retail/ Customer Service
- GCS Associates Trade Counter Assistant
- 3PL Customer Adviser
- Kangaroo Storage Customer Service Assistant
- Halfords Customer Service Advisor
- William Hill Customer Experience Assistant
- National Trust Welcome and Service Assistant
- Coop Customer Team Member
- Euro Garages Subway Team Member
- Tool Station Store Assistant
- Costa Barista
- Ikea Co-worker
- McDonalds Customer Assistant (FT)
- First Source Customer Service Advisor
- James Hall Post Office Clerk
- Community Integrated Care Administrator
- IPS Receptionist (PT)
- Halton Council Administrator
- Roby Medical Centre Receptionist
- Hotter Production Administration Assistant
- Solid State Security Administrator
- Quartz Care Care Worker
- Alcedo Care Community Care Worker
- Montgomery Care Home Care Worker
- Victoria Community Care Care Worker
- Global4Health Healthcare Assistant
- YMCA St Helens Night Support Staff
- VM Exteriors Landscape Labourer
- B&M Warehouse Operative
- The Protein Works Warehouse Operative
- Abero Home and Garden Warehouse Operative
- Howdens Joinery Warehouse Operatives
- Nationwide Fencing Concrete Labourer
- Rouse Landscapes General Labourer
- CCS Recruitment Site Labourer
- Royal Mail Postperson with Driving
- ECR Logistics Trade Plate Driver
- Dominos Pizza Delivery Driver
- DHL Supply Chain HGV2 Driver
- Kids Planet Day Nursery Housekeeper
- Romax Solutions Cleaner
- Ferrovial Services Weekend Cleaner
- Arc Hospitality Janitor
- Home and Bargain Store Cleaner
You are not alone at this difficult time - we can offer help with searching for jobs, job applications, CV writing and interview skills remotely. Starting Point can also help you apply for funding to help you retrain and ensure your qualifications are up to date so you can get back into the workplace as quickly as possible.
Funding for training can be applied for 13 weeks prior/post redundancy date, and training must be related to your previous job role (it can also be used to venture into self-employment if you have a business plan). This funding can be used towards training, a course, qualification or licence; the course must be short (less than 2 weeks measured on a full-time basis) and face-to-face.
For more information on applying for redundancy support funding, call us on 01744 698800 or email email@example.com
Update 08/03/21: We are pleased to announce that due to updates in Government guidance we are able to offer in classroom training again, subject to social distancing and safety measures.
See our latest courses
Interested? Call us on 01744 698800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in need of financial help, the Government has put additional measures in place to support people. Below are some useful links which can help you:
Starting Point is still here to help and will continue supporting anyone who is looking for work. Please call on 01744 698800 or email email@example.com with any queries.
The “Kind to Your Mind” Cheshire and Merseyside partnership campaign went live on Monday 13th April .
The online resources are for anyone living and working in the Cheshire and Merseyside area and include apps, courses, podcasts to support mental health and wellbeing.
There is also a 24/7 support phoneline to support anyone who needs help.
If you need any support finding a job or applying for a new role, please get in touch and our team will book you a free careers appointment over the phone. Call on 01744 698800 or fill in the form below and we will get back to you.