Building Better Opportunities
The Building Better Opportunities project offers IT skills, training and employment support to local, unemployed people in the St Helens area aged 45 and above.
Jointly funded by the European Social Fund and the Big Lottery Fund, Building Better Opportunities is part of the Include-IT Mersey project, which aims to get more people online. The project provides a personal package of support to people living in the Liverpool City Region that are out of work, to help improve their IT and online skills.
How we can help you
Starting Point is working in partnership with Helena Partnerships to deliver the Include-IT project, which aims to help improve your digital skills and improve your opportunities and confidence.
Include-IT can offer you:
• Support you to get computer and work skills, using a recognised IT package called Learn My Way.
• Access to computers and support in convenient locations.
• Improve your confidence getting online and work towards a recognised qualification
• Offer 1-2-1 help to improve your job skills – such as effective online job searches and interview skills
• Help with your Universal Credit online claims and help to maintain your claimant commitment
• A dedicated adviser to support with your journey into learning and or employment.
Where can I go to get support?
Moss Bank Library, Helena Central (Town Centre), Helena East (Derbyshire Hill), and Parr Library. Sessions currently include:
• Helena Central - Every Monday, 9.30am-12.30pm
• Helena Central - Every Monday, 1.30-4.30pm
• Helena East - Every Tuesday, 9.30am-12.30pm
• Helena East - Every Tuesday, 1.30-4.30pm
• Helena Central - Every Wednesday, 1-4pm
Moss Bank Library - Every Thursday (from 15 June), 1.30-4.30pm (with sign up session on 9 June, 10am-12noon)
Could the project help me? Who can attend?
If you are aged 40-62 and are currently not working and are willing to commit to attend regular session to gain the skills you need, then yes – the project could help you.
Find out what Include-IT could do for you or someone you know by contacting Mike Unsworth on 07843285212.