21 May 2018
Business Business School Featured Jobs/Apprenticeships
The first St Helens Chamber Business Awards took place last week (17th May), unveiling the winners for each category at a glamorous awards ceremony.
Held at Totally Wicked Stadium the night provided a perfect mix of entertainment, networking and celebration.
Over 260 guests were welcomed to the event by Graham Worsley, Chairman of St Helens Chamber, before being handed over to event host Pete Emmett and special guests Paul Wellens and Jon Wilkin.
After a three course meal, the awards presentation began, revealing the overall winners of each category and highlighting the successes of each shortlisted entrant, before the celebrations began.
The winners are as follows:
- Small Business of the Year – Inovus Medical Ltd
- Export Business of the Year – Sandon Global Engraving Technology
- Best Use of Technology – 360 Resourcing Solutions
- High Growth Business of the Year – NW Metal Sections
- Education and Business Partnership Award – Willow Tree Primary School
- Excellence in Customer Service – Proactive Despatch
- Commitment to People Development – Bluebird Care (St Helens)
- Apprentice of the Year – Under 20: Paul Gornell, Wynne Aviation
- Apprentice of the Year – Over 20: Chloe Dowd, The Versatile Lift Company
- Special Award – Willowbrook Hospice
The winning businesses will be entered into the national Chamber awards, with the finals taking place in London in November.
Graham Worsley, Chairman of St Helens Chamber, said: “The judges were blown away by the strong field of entries received and spent many hours trying to reach a conclusion and decide on the ultimate category winners.
“For me the highlight of the Awards has been hearing about the strength of the businesses here in the Borough, bringing those stories into the limelight and celebrating their achievements.
“I am delighted that the winners from our Awards will go forward to the national Chamber Awards, where we are hopeful of further success.
“A special thank you goes to all our sponsors, whose support has greatly contributed to the success of the St Helens Chamber Business Awards.
“With this support we were able to publicise the Awards far and wide and put on this event, thanks to our sponsors: Brendon International, NatWest, Starbank Panel Products, GPW Recruitment, Wind in the Willows Childcare, Helena Homes, and WishFm.
“We look forward to receiving a strong level of entrants again next year”
Kath Boullen, Chief Executive at St Helens Chamber, added: “As one of the judges, it was overwhelming to see the high calibre of entrants received for the first St Helens Chamber Business Awards.
“We are delighted to bring this event to St Helens and celebrate the very best of St Helens businesses, highlighting their successes and achievements and celebrating their success with them.”