23 Sep 2020
The Virtual Engineering Centre (VEC), along with our LCR4 START partners, are here to help. We offer fully-funded support for SMEs within the Liverpool City Region, combining the knowledge and experience of the VEC, Liverpool John Moores University, Sensor City, the Science and Technology Facilities Council and the Growth Platform.
- Are you considering digital adoption, or investing in new technology?
- Is COVID-19 changing customer requirements or requiring you to work in different ways?
- Do you want to move forward that innovation that has been ‘in the pipeline’ for years?
LCR4 START helps businesses deliver impactful digitalisation and technology improvements, ensuring they are aligned to your business strategies and priorities. Our team will help you build and progress your digital strategy and accelerate innovation by accessing support available through our technology experts and the identification of funding opportunities.
In the City Region, we are already working with firms such as PSW Integrity, Sticx Timber Frames, and Beverston Engineering.
The project funds support from technology experts and business advisors. Under the broad heading of ‘supporting digital strategy’ examples of our work have included:
- ADVISING a firm of architects on how they may utilise 3D scanning during the redevelopment of historic buildings.
- SCOPING out options for the contactless operation of vending machines in airports, in response to COVID 19.
- ASSISTING in the draft of digital adoption and technology funding applications.
- EXCHANGE of knowledge to advise on the appropriate digital tools to support an adult learning provider whose face-to-face teaching was disrupted by social distancing requirements, and they needed to pivot quickly.
To access this funded support and find out how we can help your business adopt the right digital technologies, please sign-up via the project website form or contact the VEC directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to answer any questions you may have.
Alternatively, if you are a local supplier of digital technology or services, or you have recently implemented a successful digitalisation project, please let us know. We are always on the lookout for LCR providers and success stories to promote to our clients and through our channels and networks.
LCR4 START is a European Regional Development Fund initiative.