03 Apr 2023
Meet carefully selected Indian organisations looking to form partnerships with UK organisations to discuss areas of cooperation and upcoming funding opportunities.
Innovate UK is inviting ambitious and innovative UK organisations to participate in the Transforming Foundation Industries Inward Mission to the UK. UK delegates can register for one or more parts of the programme.
This Inward Mission to the UK includes a dedicated day to hear from Innovate UK and to hold pre-arranged 1:1 meetings with potential partners. Innovate UK is working with their India partners on developing a bilateral programme and will be sharing more details in due course.
Delivered by Innovate UK EDGE, the Inward Mission programme consists of a visit to two key regions in the UK; Liverpool City Region and the Midlands, including a dedicated day led by Innovate UK to form B2B partnerships and collaborations.
The programme is designed to help your organisation maximise the opportunities identified, including developing international innovation projects with partners.
Innovate UK is committed to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (ED&I) and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply to participate.
Why are India & UK collaborating?
Foundation Industries are seeing increasing demand for products due to the growing population, expanding market, and large-scale public-sector investments. From our long history of collaborating, it has been shown that there are areas where the UK is leading and India can learn from, and vice versa.
Indian Foundation Industries face similar sustainability challenges to their UK counterparts with high dependence on fossil fuels and virgin raw materials and are looking for similar solutions. Following the agreement of a 2030 Roadmap for Bilateral Relationship (with climate cooperation a key pillar) and the ongoing discussions of a Free Trade Agreement, Innovate UK has run a series of successful engagement activities with India including a lab-to-lab collaboration programme and the Global Expert Mission, and in February 2023 we ran a Global Business Innovation Programme with India.
The benefits of being involved with this Inward Mission include a visit to two key regions in the UK; Liverpool City Region and the Midlands, understanding of funding initiatives and to form B2B partnerships and collaboration.
Focus Industries / Sectors
This initiative is particularly relevant for businesses and research organisations in Foundation Industries and those that focus on delivering sustainability solutions for the sector in metals, glass, paper, cements, ceramics and chemicals, to enable energy and resource efficiency.
These may be achieved through:
- Enabling technologies – digital solutions, sensors and controls, heat recovery systems, value added processes for waste streams
- New business models
- New and more efficient production processes
- New supply chain models
How can you benefit from this Inward Mission?
- Visit key UK Foundation Industry centres of excellence and Research and Technology Organisations to understand their capabilities
- Explore opportunities in Foundation Industries to grow your business internationally
- Hear the latest on upcoming funding opportunities
- Improve the development of projects by meeting potential innovation partners, through organised matchmaking meetings
Matchmaking sessions, presentations and workshops for UK and India collaborations
(UK delegates can register for one or more parts of the programme)
Tuesday 25 April 2023, 12.00 – 17.00, STFC, Daresbury: Visit and tour of STFC, Daresbury followed by pre-booked matchmaking sessions.
Thursday 27 April 2023, 09.30 – 17.00, Warwick Manufacturing Group, Coventry: Innovate UK presentations and workshops on upcoming UK – India bilateral funding opportunities, and matchmaking sessions with UK and Indian Companies, Warwick Manufacturing Group (open to UK and Indian organisations)
To join this initiative, you must be:
- Business/company (start-up, SME or large/multinational)
- Or commercial institutes & labs, leading academic centres
- Either a foundation industry business (metals, paper, glass, cements, ceramics and chemicals) or have a technology to enable energy or resource efficiency for these organisations.
- A UK or India based organisation (Note: only Indian organisations who have been accepted via the application process can attend).
Each day is free of charge to attend and will include lunch. Where a day is held in more than one location, UK delegates are expected to make their own way between them.
Additional information and assistance
For more information, assistance with your application or to discuss accessibility needs, please contact Innovate UK EDGE South East at email@example.com.