20 Sep 2021
The Department for International Trade (DIT) has launched its new Internationalisation Fund for eligible businesses in England.
Match-funded grants of between £1,000 and £9,000 will be available for future activity (subject to eligibility and availability).
To secure a grant, you’ll need to fund a proportion of your costs yourself. This varies according to where your business is based and will be either 40 or 50% of the total cost.
The Fund is currently available throughout England except Cornwall & Isles of Scilly, which has its own similar scheme.
The fund can be used to support areas including (but not exclusively limited to):
- Market research
- IP (intellectual property) advice
- Translation services
- International social media/SEO
- Trade fairs (where no TAP funding is available)
- Independent market visits
- Consultancy and other international commercial services
Is your business eligible?
- The company must be based in England
- The company must be a small or medium sized enterprise (SME) with up to 250 employees
- No more than 25% of the business is owned by an enterprise which is not a SME
- Annual turnover does not exceed €50 million or annual balance sheet does not exceed €43 million
The fund is supported by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).