20 Sep 2021
Help to Grow: Management will support senior managers of small and medium sized businesses to boost business’s performance, resilience, and long-term growth.
Accredited by the Small Business Charter, the University of Liverpool Management School is offering a 12-week practical programme, which covers all aspects of management, including finance and strategies for growth and innovation.
The course will also offer businesses 1-1 mentorship, and participants will finish the course with a tailored business growth plan, as well as access to an extensive alumni programme and network.
The 12-week programme, which combines online sessions with face-to-face learning, is 90% funded by the Government and has been designed to allow participants to complete it alongside full-time work.
The in-depth high-quality curriculum will support you to build your capabilities in leadership, innovation, digital adoption, employee engagement, marketing, responsible business, and financial management.
By the end of the programme companies will develop a business growth plan to help lead their business to release its potential.
- Enhance management and strategic capabilities
- Produce a growth plan for the business
- Build resilience to future shocks
- Learn how to innovate business
- Adopt digital technologies to boost productivity and operational agility
- Develop value proposition and reach into growth markets
- Improve employee engagement and responsible business practices
This practical programme runs from October 2021 to March 2022 over 3-months and will include both online and face-to-face sessions, alongside peer support and mentoring.
The programme is built around a practical curriculum which features:
- Eight facilitated online 2-hour sessions
- Four practical, face-to-face case study workshops
- One-to-one support from a mentor, providing personalised support to develop a business growth plan
- Peer networking, including peer group calls that give businesses the opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other small business leaders
- Access to the Alumni Programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events
The programme will cover key areas of leadership including:
- Strategy and innovation
- Growing national and international markets
- Leading for high performance
- Building vision and brand
- Engaging and inspiring teams
- Creating customer value
- Adopting digital technology
- Adopting responsible business practices
- Financial management
To join Help to Grow: Management, your business must:
- Be a Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) based in the United Kingdom
- From any business sector, employing between 5 and 249 people
- Have been operational for at least one year
- Not be a charity.
To join Help to Grow: Management, the applicant must:
- Be a senior leader and decision maker within the business, such as Chief Executive, Finance Director, Operations Director, etc.
- Commit to completing all sessions.
The programme is 90% funded by the Government. The fee payable by participants is £750.
Find out more and register click here
Or contact Iona Thomson at I.L.Thomson@liverpool.ac.uk or call 07811 151484