05 May 2016
The Faculty of Engineering & Technology at Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) is holding their Annual Product Design Show on the evening of the 26th May, starting at 4:00pm and will be co-hosted with the SolidWorks User Group (NW).
The theme this year is employability and work experience through placements and the event will host guests from over 70 companies in the design to manufacture sector. If you are an employer or industrial professional in this sector looking for new talent or opportunities, a practioner in the maker movement or someone generally interested in innovative ideas, product and engineering design or the potential of CAD technologies, the show will provide an ideal opportunity to network with fellow professionals, academics and a wide range of students from the field of product and engineering design.
The event will also allow visitors the opportunity to talk face to face and discuss technical issues with the experts and develop solutions.
The evening will include:
• Technical support offered from 5 leading CAD resellers
• CAD recruitment advice offered by a CAD employment agency
• Technical support offered by 3D Rapid Prototyping Stand
• Product Design Show Competition – Best 1st, 2nd and graduating students design work as voted for by our guests.
• SolidWorks Model Mania Competition – A fun 10 minute modelling challenge between students and SolidWorks professionals.
A series of talks on:
• The use of SolidWorks Electrical in computer aided design.
• The value of SolidWorks User Groups and communities.
• Top ten tips to graduates seeking employment in the design sector.
• “One year on”. A student’s perspective of their degree and how they took their first steps into industry.
Buffet and to conclude the evening a raffle with some great prizes for some of our lucky guests.
On-site parking is available to guests.