24 Aug 2016
If you’re receiving exam results this August it’s inevitable that you’ll be thinking about your future career options.
College or university isn’t the right path for everyone and at Starting Point we have a range of options to get you in to employment.
We can help you kickstart your career in a range of industries including:
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Information Technology
- Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Business Improvement Techniques
- Health and Social Care
- Children and Young People’s Workforce
Continue reading to find out how we can help you in to your future career!
Apprenticeships are a great way for people at the start of their careers to gain formal qualifications and valuable work experience, whilst in paid employment.
As an Apprentice, you will earn as you learn, gaining practical skills from the workplace that you can take forward into your future career.
Our Apprenticeship programme is open to people of all ages and career progression for our Apprentices is excellent.
A traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focussed on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
A Traineeship with us will get you work preparation training, English and Maths (if you need it) and a high quality work experience placement with a local employer.
During the 12-week course we will help you develop your skills and experience to help you move into employment, education and training. You will be allocated a dedicated Career Coach who will work with you to help you achieve your career goals.
Once you have completed your course you will get exclusive access to vacancies with local companies.
Fast-track yourself to a great career with our courses in International Trade and Logistics, Marketing and Sales or Starting a Business.
Our Study Programmes give you nationally recognised qualification, an all-expenses paid international study trip, driving lessons and a great start to a new career – all in six months.
Through a full-time curriculum of study, combined with practical experience and industry projects, our courses are designed to hone the skills of those who show an interest and aptitude for business.
At the end of the six-month programme students will be guaranteed an interview for an Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) with a local business in a relevant industry, or supported to start their own business.
If you’re 16 – 24 you can prepare yourself for a career in the hairdressing industry with our new Hairdressing Traineeships and Apprenticeships, delivered at our purpose-built training salon in the town centre.
The 14 week traineeship programme includes:
- Hairdressing skills – Salon reception and customer service, shampoo and conditioning, basic blow drying skills, salon safety, salon hygiene, and an introduction to the hair sector.
- Employability skills – CV writing, interview skills, work ethics, professional behaviour and personal development. English and Maths (if you need it)
- Work experience
- Help to find an Apprenticeship with a local salon
- Hairdressing ‘kit’ on successful completion/securing an Apprenticeship
If you’re 16 – 24 you can prepare yourself for a career in the construction industry with our new construction training course.
On this course you will:
- Learn the basics of joinery, bricklaying, plastering, plumbing & tiling
- Gain nationally recognised qualifications
- Gain a CSCS Health and Safety card allowing you to work in the trade
- Complete valuable work experience with a relevant, local employer
We will also help you to write a CV, apply for jobs or Apprenticeships with local businesses we are working with, and help you prepare for interviews.
When a local employer has suitable vacancies available, you will be offered the opportunity to be interviewed by them to undertake paid work experience and training for a further six months, with a view to being offered a permanent position and Apprenticeship with the company.
Health and Social Care Recruitment and Skills Programme
We are working with local care companies – Browns Short Break Respite and Victoria Community Care – to assist with recruitment and training, and progress new employees through Apprenticeship training.
The programme takes 6 weeks and consists of 3 stages:
1) Induction at St Helens Chamber including sector information, first aid, infection control and safeguarding.
2) Initial training during which you will undertake a full-time work trial at your chosen company.
3) Employment during which you will be interviewed and if successful will be offered a permanent job with Apprenticeship training. During your Apprenticeship we will continue to work with you to develop your skills and ensure you are fully qualified for a successful career.
You will be provided a bus pass throughout. You will also receive 10 free driving lessons and a provisional license if you need one.
If you’re interested in any of these options, come along to the St Helens Chamber Jobs Fair on Friday 26th August, 12 noon – 4pm, at St Helens Town Hall.
For more information please call 01744 698800.