09 Oct 2018
Business Business School Featured Startup
The St Helens Chamber Business Fair is just a few weeks away and there are now even more reasons to head along!
As well as an exhibition showcasing a wide range of local businesses we are delighted to add James Averdieck, the man behind dessert manufacturer Gü and the Coconut Collaborative, to our line up of guest speakers.
After nine years working in sales & marketing roles in the food industry, Yorkshire-born James moved to Belgium and become a convert to Belgian gastronomy and the seed was sown for his UK chocolate venture.
By marrying up high quality chocolate patisserie with efficient UK supermarket distribution, James was confident he could take on the big players. Gü, the brand, is about chocolate extremism – evoking nostalgic memories and magical smells of baking with chocolate. Five years on Gü was the fastest growing food company in the UK and is credited with revolutionising the quality of desserts.
The St Helens Chamber Business Fair is FREE to attend. All visitors will have the opportunity to hear James’ fascinating business story as well as attend a programme of seminars presented by Google’s Digital Garage.
Every visitor who pre-registers and attends on the day will receive a free ticket to one of Haydock Park Racecourse’s Race Days.
Taking place 1st November, 10.30am – 3pm, the day will include:
- Business Exhibition showcasing businesses from across the North West
- Every visitor will receive a FREE ticket to a future race day at Haydock Park Racecourse
- An inspirational talk from guest speaker James Averdieck, founder of Gü
- FREE Social Media seminars presented by Google Digital garage including: How to Build a Digital Marketing Plan, Writing for Social Media & Social Media Strategy
- Opportunities to meet with potential buyers and suppliers from across the Borough
- Lounge area to meet new contacts and do business
- Business Information & Advice