10 Mar 2017
How will the new apprenticeship reforms affect your business?
The Government are reforming the rules governing Apprenticeships from April 2017. These reforms are designed to give employers more control over the Apprenticeship roles they offer and will affect how employers can design, fund and choose their training provider. This reform also introduces a Apprenticeship Levy for employers with large payrolls.
Businesses in the Liverpool City Region are invited to a free event on Thursday the 30th March 8:00-13:00 at Anfield Stadium, to find out more about what the reforms could mean for them.
Speakers at the event include:
- Mark Basnett, Managing Director, LCR LEP
- Julie Byrne, Skills for Growth Programme- Locally available funds for training alongside Apprenticeships
- Gareth Jones, Greater Merseyside Learning Provider Federation- Apprenticeship Reforms
- David Millet, Head of Academy, Alstom
- Julie Johnson, Morecrofts Solicitors
This event will also give businesses the opportunity to meet with more than a dozen business support programmes active in the Liverpool City Region, which will cover:
- Funding available and potential costs for businesses
- Support and advice for business growth
- The benefits of Apprenticeships to employers
- Specialist guidance on how the reformed Apprenticeships may help businesses to grow
There will be opportunities to ask questions as well as a panel discussion about the benefits of taking on new Apprentices.
If you are interested in attending the event, please RSVP to email@example.com.