29 May 2018
Business Business School Jobs/Apprenticeships Startup
Liverpool Lime Street Station will see another eight weeks of closures as the station prepares to close this weekend.
The works will be carried out from 2nd June – 29th July and will see diverted services and rail replacement services.
During the closure engineers will work to remodel and lengthen the platforms to allow for longer trains and more space for passengers.
The works will also see the introduction of two new station platforms as the station aims to improve frequencies and routes and enable an extra three services per hour to/from Lime Street Station, including the introduction of a direct service to Scotland, launching in 2019.
Network Rail have been working with train operating companies and Merseytravel to develop robust and appropriate transport plans to ensure passengers can still travel to, from and around the Liverpool City region during the works and to ensure that Liverpool stays open for business during this time.
To keep disruption to travel to a minimum the following will be in place:
- Virgin, East Midlands, London North Western and Northern Connect services (from Manchester Airport), will terminate at Liverpool South Parkway with passengers transferring onto the Merseyrail Network to complete their journey.
- Those traveling between Manchester Victoria, Wigan, Preston and Liverpool will also have a direct rail service for almost 5 of the 8 week closure, from 11 June to 13 July. From 2 to 10 June and 14 to 29 July and after 8pm from 11 June to 13 July these passengers will catch a rail replacement bus service from Huyton Bus Station into Liverpool City centre.
- Northern services through Hunts Cross (apart from the Northern Connect service), will terminate at Hunts Cross with passengers taking one of the following options:
- Transfer onto other rail services to Liverpool South Parkway (2 trains per hour in the peak)
- ½ hourly bus service calling all stations on the City Line (Liverpool South Parkway, West Allerton, Mossley Hill, Edge Hill) to Liverpool Lime Street, St Georges Plateau.
- ½ hourly shuttle bus – Hunts Cross to Liverpool South Parkway only
- Peak only ¼ hourly bus service from Hunts Cross to Moorfields Station (non-stop)
For more information about the works, how your journey will change or to down load the stakeholder toolkit please visit www.networkrail.co.uk/lcr .