23 Nov 2017
Business Featured Startup
The key to a healthy business is a healthy diet – if you can’t work through ill health, stress or fatigue then you can’t run your business effectively, deal with customers appropriately or earn that all important profit.
Here are some quick tips for staying on-top form:
- Eat the right amount of calories for how active you are, so that you balance the energy you consume with the energy you use. If your business means sitting down for most of the day make sure you take a walk around the block before or after your lunch break, this gives you time to think too.
- Eat a wide range of foods to ensure that you’re getting a balanced diet and that your body is receiving all the nutrients it needs. When snacking try to avoid crisps and chocolate instead pick at some almonds or walnuts or a piece of fruit, which will boost your energy.
- Eat more fish! Fish is a good source of protein and contains many vitamins and minerals which are good for your brain. Aim to eat two portions of fish a week, including at least one portion of oily fish.
- If you’re not someone who likes the Gym or feel you don’t have time, incorporate some stretches and walking into your day, even if it’s while you’re on the phone. Use the stairs or park just that little bit further away from the door, every little helps
- Don’t get thirsty – drink plenty of water throughout the day (at least 6-8 glasses).
To help you get the right balance of the five main food groups, take a look at the NHS Eatwell Guide
Don’t forget our last workshops of 2017 start on 4th Dec – contact our Start Up team on 0845 340 9980 for further information.