21 Oct 2022
Five inspirational schools and colleges from St Helens have been named in the highly anticipated Educate Awards shortlist.
- Cowley International College has been shortlisted for three awards: Innovative & Creative Literacy Award, Outstanding Commitment to Physical Education in Secondary School and Most Inspirational Secondary School
- Mark Costello from Launchpad Centre KS4 has been shortlisted for School Support Star of the Year
- Parish CE Primary School has been shortlisted in the Most Inspirational Primary School category
- Rainford High has been shortlisted for three awards: SEND Provision Award, Outstanding Commitment to Physical Education in Secondary School and Most Inspirational Secondary School
- Wargrave House School and College has been shortlisted in the Most Inspirational 16-18 Education Provider category
For over a decade, the Educate Awards has shined a spotlight on the education sector, showcasing the work of schools and colleges that are continuing to deliver an outstanding education for children and helping achieve their full potential.
With over 20 categories, the shortlist recognises inspiring teachers, dedicated support staff, efficient business managers and strategic leadership teams.
Kim O’Brien, founder of the Educate Awards, said: “A massive congratulations to the St Helens schools and colleges that have made this year’s shortlist.
“Entries get stronger every year which makes the judges job a lot more difficult and so it is really crucial that submissions meet the stringent criteria of each category. It is no mean feat making it this far!”
Kim added: “Plans are well under way to make the Educate Awards 2022 ceremony another standout event in the education calendar. Together with our incredible sponsors, we look forward to celebrating with everyone on the night.”
Associate sponsors of the Educate Awards 2022 include: All About STEM, Angel Solutions, CER, CPMM Media Group, Evaluate-Ed, Hidden Strength, LCR Careers Hub, Liverpool John Moores University, LSSP, Progress Careers, SENDSCOPE, SupplyWell and Winstanley College.