09 Apr 2021
The Restart Grant scheme supports businesses in the non-essential retail, hospitality, leisure, personal care and accommodation sectors with a one-off grant, to reopen safely as COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
- A business should be trading and be liable for Business Rates at a property within the borough of St Helens as at 1 April 2021.
- The premises should predominantly provides in-person services to customers within the following sectors:
– Non-essential retail; or
– Hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care, gym or sports.
- It has not exceeded ‘state aid’ subsidy allowance limits (see below).
- It is not in administration, insolvent or has a striking-off notice issued against it.
Prior to completing the application form please ensure you have the following information:
- Your business rates account and property reference number.
- A unique reference number to identify the business. This will be either your Company House or Charity Commission number, if you are registered. Alternatively, you will need to provide a VAT registration number or if you are self-employed either: your National Insurance Number or self-assessment number.
- Number of employees.
- The sector you qualify under, visit gov.uk for further information.
- Cumulative total of previous funding received under all COVID-19 business grants schemes.
For more information on Coronavirus support and guidance for you and your business, click here