27 Sep 2021
The Net Zero Agenda and what is means business
About this event
COP26 is a globally significant event and the UK’s presidency has shone a light on our own net zero agenda, bringing conversations about businesses and climate action to the forefront of public discourse. The goal of the conference is to bring the global community together and accelerate action on climate change across the international community.
Alongside the main summit, British Chambers of Commerce will be hosting a significant presence in Glasgow, acting as a hub for our network of Chambers across the world. This is a unique opportunity for the Chambers Network to come together to discuss the challenges of the future. ‘Chambers unite for a greener future’, our global campaign which we launched earlier this year, has united out 127 Chambers and has as its centrepiece this hugely significant event.
From Monday 1 – Thursday 4 November, BCC, in collaboration with Glasgow Chamber of Commerce and the International British Chambers Network, will be presenting a full agenda of business-focussed policy debate, thought leadership and exceptional networking opportunities, while giving our members the chance to showcase the best of their climate leadership. We will be exploring the key challenges of the coming decades, including:
• Green Trade and sustainable finance
• The opportunities for collaboration the green agenda brings about
• Innovation, implementation, and the business landscape of the future
Our packed agenda includes:
• TRADE DELEGATIONS: we will be hosting members from across the Network, led by our colleagues in the Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, for a programme of seminars, networking opportunities, and showcasing the best of our network.
• POLICY ROUNDTABLES: joined by renowned leaders and experts from across business, politics, civil society and academia, we will be exploring the challenges and opportunities of the future
• KEYNOTE SPEAKERS: we will be hearing from senior members of the UK and Scottish governments, outlining their vision for the green agenda in the years to come
• THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: we will be hearing from senior thought leaders on their approach to climate leadership, in conversation with senior BCC figures
We will also offer a drop-in business hub, with plenty of space for meetings and networking, and a virtual and physical exhibition (subject to confirmation), showcasing and sharing innovation, knowledge, best practice and new ideas.
If you would like to hear more about the Climate Chamber Trade Mission Programme on the 2nd 7 3rd November, please contact Richard Muir on email@example.com