11 Apr 2023
2030hub is partnering with Lloyds Bank to create a new ‘Sustainable Business Accelerator’ programme to encourage and nurture a growing movement of local small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) ‘Net Zero Heroes’ across the Liverpool City Region.
Applications are now open to businesses from across all sectors which will result in 10 businesses being selected to join the cohort programme.
More about the Programme
The programme has been structured to deliver tangible returns to each participant business by improving awareness of key relevant topics such as ESG, net zero, circular economy and impact finance, whilst also exploring wider themes such as B Corp and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Each selected business will receive – at zero cost – three months of fully funded training, mentoring and site visits with bespoke guidance resulting in a carbon footprint and management plan. Lloyds Bank will also provide guidance and expertise with access to specialised services and resources.
• Improved access to finance
• Increased competitiveness
• Improved resilience & future proofing
• Peer group support
• Stronger tendering evidence
• Bespoke net zero target & carbon reduction plan
• Enhanced reputation
• Sustainable Business Diagnostic
• 4x 2hr training and community building sessions
• Mentoring by 2030hub & Lloyds
• Site visit
• Specific Net Zero focus & output
• Post programme check-ins
To be considered, your business needs to fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) with a turnover of £3m+ and/or employ 50+ people
- Any business sector considered (especially interested in those from Manufacturing and Healthcare)
- Based within the Liverpool City Region
- Have been operational for at least two years
- Can incorporate sustainability recommendations into transitioning their own business.
- Commit to completing the programme
- Provide peer-to-peer support to other members of the cohort during the programme
- Act as local net zero ambassadors to amplify the benefits of becoming a net-zero business reach to the next cohort in Liverpool and other cities
How do I apply?
Register your interest
If you have any questions about the application or registration process please email email@example.com
Closing date for applications is midnight on Friday 14th Apr