This course is being delivered remotely, led by our expert tutors. You can use this time of social distancing/self isolation to increase your Digital skills and enhance your CV.
Are you interested in developing your digital knowledge and skills? This course will provide you with updated skills and abilities needed to build on existing knowledge, motivate further learning, and improve your employability in a wide range of fields and industries.
To complete this course you will need to have some working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
To achieve the qualification City & Guilds Level 1 Award in IT Users, you will need to achieve three units.
To achieve City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in IT Users, you will need to achieve all five units.
AVAILABLE UNITS ARE:
Improving Productivity Using IT
Computer software systems are all around us, and we use them a lot. Knowing which systems to use for various tasks can help you work more effectively. This course can help you understand different IT tools, and provide a quick refresher on software you may not have used for a long time. You will cover:
- Choosing the appropriate IT systems and software to meet requirements.
- Using IT systems and software efficiently to complete planned tasks.
- Reviewing the selection and use of IT tools to make sure that tasks are completed.
Most employers expect employees to have Microsoft Word skills, and it’s probably the most universally-consumed programme in businesses around the globe. Microsoft Office Essentials will help you
understand and brush up on your word processing skills, so that you can develop the skills and confidence you need to progress in your work and personal life. You will cover:
- Using a software application designed for formatting, editing and production of largely text-based documents.
- Creating mail merged documents
- Paragraph and font formatting
- Using tables and graphs
Microsoft PowerPoint is the most widely used presentation software in the world. The software is designed to help people to create a clean, visually engaging and information-rich presentation.
On the Microsoft Office Essentials course you will learn skills and knowledge to operate and deliver your own presentation through Microsoft PowerPoint. You will cover:
- How to create slides
- Using text boxes, shapes, images and drawing tools
- How to create excellent transitions and animations
- How to make a presentation flow using charts, graphs and tables
Microsoft Excel is perhaps the most important computer spreadsheet programme used in the workplace today. As a result, many employers expect employees to have a working knowledge of the software. Learning how to use Microsoft Excel can improve your employment options, as well as improving your productivity by learning the best shortcuts and formulae to use in different situations. You will cover:
- Creating spreadsheets
- Data entry
- Text and number formats
- Basic mathematical functions
- Editing cells
- Basic data analysis skills through sorting and filtering
Using the Internet
The internet has become a part of everyday life – from staying in touch with friends and family to finding jobs online and sending CVs to employers. You will cover:
- Connecting to the internet
- Using browser software to navigate web pages
- How to search for information on Google
- Understanding the need for safety and security when working online
Please arrange to speak to one of our guidance advisers for more information about this course and to discuss your personal career plan.
Call Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email email@example.com