Get all the skills you need for a successful career in the finance industry with our AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping.
The purpose of the AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping is to ensure that students have the necessary skills in bookkeeping needed for most finance roles. Students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to carry out typical bookkeeping transactions and tasks in two mandatory units.
Students completing this qualification will develop the underpinning skills required in all accountancy and finance roles. They will use bookkeeping skills to confidently perform accounting transactions and understand how to process financial information in accordance with set procedures and schedules
This qualification is suitable for those already working in finance, those returning to work after a break or those wishing to change career. The qualification is open to those who are working and those who are not currently in employment. It also offers progression for students who have started studying accountancy and bookkeeping with AAT.
- Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
- Process customer transactions
- Process supplier transactions
- Process receipts and payments
- Process transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Understand payment methods
- Understand controls in a bookkeeping system
- Use control accounts
- Use the journal
- Reconcile a bank statement with the cash book
Students must successfully complete two unit assessments to achieve this qualification. The proportion of this qualification assessed by external assessment is 100%.
On successful completion of the course learners will achieve the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping.
For further information about this course contact Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Helens Chamber is pleased to present an exclusive virtual roundtable event being held in partnership with the British Chambers of Commerce and Cisco. The event will focus on Empowering Small Business Recovery.
Many small businesses have been moving to remote work by necessity, and that’s not likely to change any time soon. In fact, having employees work from home has multiple benefits. It can reduce operating costs such as rental office space, travel, and commuting expenses, and make it easier to get and retain top talent who prefer workplace flexibility.
Over the last decade, working from home has become more prevalent with 56 percent of companies allowing remote work. A recent study projects that by 2028, 73 percent of all teams will have remote workers. Security is critical with 43% of cyber-attacks being aimed at small businesses.
The event will discuss how your business has been impacted over the past months and how you are recovering. Join us for advice and education on combatting these challenges and ensuring you secure your remote workforce.
This event is exclusive to St Helens Chamber Members and suitable for businesses employing between 5 and 250 employees.
This is an online event so registration is essential.
This one day course is designed to give you a better
understanding of manual handling techniques and the
legislation surrounding them.
The training is designed to ensure that you are given the maximum possible practical training relevant to your role in the workplace.
This course is nationally accredited at Level 2 and a certificate is included.
Do you constantly find your CV is being ignored?
Do you want to make your CV stand out form the crowd?
Learn how to produce an effective CV and upload it to your Universal Job Match account on our short CV session.
This course lasts two days from 9:30am - 4:00pm and is based at our Chamber building.
By the end of the session all learners will have:
- An understanding of useful information to have prepared before the interview
- An understanding of what interviewers will be expecting in regards to; Punctuality, Dress Sense, Behaviour and Language Use
- An understanding of the importance of researching the interviewing organisation
- An understanding of questions to ask the interviewer
Having a good CV is vital while you are seeking work, our advisors will give you guidance and advice in what you should and shouldn’t have in your CV.
We also offer Interview skills sessions to help you perfect your technique so you can go to interviews with confidence.
On successful completion of this course learners will gain the Entry Level 3 Award in Work Skills.
For further information about this course contact Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email email@example.com
Most professionals have a LinkedIn profile, but do not use it effectively. It’s just like having a pack of business cards, locking them in a filing cabinet and throwing away the key
• Size and reach of LinkedIn
• Why professionals should use LinkedIn
• Why first impressions count (picture, name)
• How to get value in your headline
• What LinkedIn activity gets you noticed
• How to request recommendations
• How to manage endorsements
• What to put in your background summary
• How to use the search facility to find useful contacts
• The profiles of the participants on the course are used to illustrate these points
Momentus recognises that managing a team takes work. Especially when you’re trying to iron out any kinks and bring out the best in your people. We are here to help you be inspirational, supportive and the manager that everyone wishes they worked for and remembers working for.
In this event you will learn how to:
• Create the right team culture for people to thrive
• Set everyone’s sights to their own goals and the team goals
• Engage with and understand each of your people
• Reward and recognise good work, and deal with challenges
• Help people learn through a flexible coaching style
These will give you the confidence you need to inspire and lead your team, breakdown barriers and bring purpose to your performance.
Our NEW half day ‘Using your Android device’ course will allow you to learn the basics of operating your Android device and exploring its main features.
This course is aimed at delegates who have an Apple device, but are not sure how to operate it. During this course, we will be looking at Android phones and tablets. Therefore, it is important that delegates bring either of these devices to the course.
On this half day course, delegates will learn:
- Getting started with your Android device
- Distinguishing between Android devices
- Getting to know the Android interface
- General settings, accessibility, security & privacy
- Installing and managing Apps
- Using the internet
- Using phone, messages and video calls
There will also be a 30 minute slot at the end of the session, where delegates can get one-to-one support with using their Android device.
Delegates are required to bring their own Android device to this course.For further information about this course contact Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Getting Started with Facebook session will give you an overview of the social media platform and will introduce to the key features and how to set up a professional Facebook business page.
The course is aimed at delegates who are either looking to increase their knowledge of Facebook or those that own a business looking to create a professional business page.
On this half day course, delegates will gain the following:
- Overview of Facebook
- Key features of Facebook
- Steps to create a professional Facebook page
- Create a Facebook business page
- Top Facebook Marketing tips
This webinar will be delivered via Google Meet (Access to Google Chrome would be preferred for this)For further information about this course contact Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email email@example.com
Are you interested in developing your digital knowledge and skills?
This course will provide you with updated skills and abilities needed to build on existing knowledge, motivate further learning, and improve your employability in a wide range of fields and industries.
To complete this course you will need to have some working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
This course is delivered over 5 full days at our Clickworks building. Times are 9.30am-4.00pm.
AVAILABLE UNITS ARE:
Most employers expect employees to have Microsoft Word skills, and it's probably the most universally-consumed programme in businesses around the globe. Microsoft Office Essentials will help you understand and brush up on your word processing skills, so that you can develop skills and confidence you need to progress in your work and personal life. You will cover:
- Using a software application designed for formatting, editing and production of largely text-based documents.
- Creating mail merged documents
- Paragraph and font formatting
- Using tables and graphs
Microsoft Excel is perhaps the most important computer spreadsheets programme used in the workplace today. As a result, many employers expect employees to have a working knowledge of the software. Learning how to use Microsoft Excel can improve your employment options, as well as improving your productivity by learning the best shortcuts and formulae to use in different situations. You will cover:
- Creating spreadsheets
- Data entry
- Text and number formats
- Editing cells
- Basic data analysis skills through sorting and filtering
Microsoft PowerPoint is the most widely used presentation software in the world. The software is designed to help people to create a clean, visually engaging and information-rich presentation. On the Microsoft Office Essentials course you will learn skills and knowledge to operate and develop your own presentation through Microsoft PowerPoint. You will cover:
- How to create slides
- Using text boxes, shapes, images and drawing tools
- How to create excellent transitions and animations
- How to make a presentation flow using charts, graphs and tables
Improving Productivity Using IT
Computer software systems are all around us, and we use them a lot. knowing which systems to use for various tasks can help you work more effectively. This course can help you understand different IT tools, and provide a quick refresher on software you may not have used for a long time. You will cover:
- Choosing the appropriate IT systems and software to meet requirements.
- Using IT systems and software efficiently to complete planned tasks.
- Reviewing the selection and use of IT tools to make sure that tasks are completed.
On successful completion of the course learners will achieve the City & Guilds Level 1 Award for IT User.
For further information about this course contact Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This two day accredited Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health is designed to help individuals obtain an understanding of mental health, as well as useful skills to spot the illness.
The role of a first aider from mental health is to provide basic mental health support or to be the first response to someone in need, usually in the workplace. The first aider for mental health is not clinically qualified to assess, diagnose or treat mental ill health but they will know the basic tools to listen to individuals who require first response support for the mental health.
The course will cover:
• Understand mental health and wellbeing
• Understand how mental ill health affects the experience of individuals
• Understand the mental health continuum
• Understand ways to self-manage own wellbeing
• Understand the principles of first aid for mental health
• Know how to recognise mental ill health in self and others
• Understand how to support mental wellbeing in the workplace • Understand how to promote a mental wellness culture in the workplace
• Understand the importance of resilience and protection of self for first aiders for mental heal