1st November 2023 - 22nd November 2023
09:30 - 16:00
Thanks to funding from the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority’s Adult Education Budget we are pleased to be able to offer this course free of charge – provided that attendees were aged 19+ as of 31/8/23 and live within the Liverpool City Region.
This qualification is suitable for anyone who wants to gain a more in-depth understanding of the roles of information, advice and guidance workers.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
This course will cover a range of topics including:
- An understanding of the differences between information, advice and guidance and the requirements of different clients and how these could be met.
- Knowledge of boundaries and responsibilities in offering information, advice and guidance, including signposting, referrals and record-keeping.
- How to interact with clients, including appropriate and effective question styles, listening skills and non-verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the impact of values, beliefs and attitudes on the interactions and the importance of confidentiality and impartiality
- The difference between signposting and referrals, when it is appropriate to refer or signpost an individual organisation’s procedures.
- Knowledge of good practice when signposting and referring, including recording, monitoring and evaluating signposting and referrals
- Exploring different ways of assisting clients to explore and make choices.
- Knowledge on discriminatory practices and behaviours affecting specific client groups, barriers and how to overcome them
Progression and related jobs
On completing this course you could progress onto our Level 3 qualification, or into employment as a Careers Advisor, Employment Advisor or Employability Tutor, Customer Service Advisor, Help-desk Advisor, Counsellor, Housing Support Officer or Debt Advisor.
For further information about this course, please contact 01744 6988000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Call to book