16th January 2023 - 28th February 2023
09:30 - 16:00
St Helens Chamber
Thanks to funding from the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority’s Adult Education Budget we are pleased to be able to offer this course free of charge – provided that attendees were aged 19+ as of 31/8/22 and live within the Liverpool City Region.
This free course is aimed at those wishing to gain an understanding of the principles of mental health and mental illnesses and can be taken by learners in any occupation and is not specific to the health or care sector.
This is a classroom-based course delivered over 12 days (6-7 weeks).
Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health
This course covers knowledge and understanding in relation to mental health, mental illnesses, signs and symptoms and also how to support those with mental ill health.
This course will be assessed via a portfolio of evidence.
Students will cover the following units;
- Introduction to mental health, mental ill health and wellbeing
- Introduction to stress and anxiety
- Introduction to post traumatic stress disorder
- Introduction to mood disorders and depression
- Introduction to bi-polar disorder
- Introduction to self-harm and self-neglect
- Introduction to eating disorders
- Introduction to substances misuse
- Introduction to therapeutic communication and helping skills when supporting those with mental ill health.
Progression and related jobs:
You could develop wider skills with our range of courses or progress onto further learning. You could also relate this course to a wide range of jobs where you come into contact with people on a regular basis.
For more information please contact us via 01744 698800 or email@example.com
Call to book