13th December 2021 - 20th December 2021
09:30 - 16:30
St Helens Chamber
Thanks to funding from the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority’s Adult Education Budget we are pleased to be able to offer this course free of charge – provided that attendees were aged 19+ as of 31/8/21 and live within the Liverpool City Region.
This two day accredited Introduction to First Aid for Mental
Health is designed to help individuals obtain an understanding of
mental health, as well as useful skills to spot the illness.
The role of a first aider from mental health is to provide basic
mental health support or to be the first response to someone in
need, usually in the workplace. The first aider for mental health
is not clinically qualified to assess, diagnose or treat mental ill
health but they will know the basic tools to listen to individuals
who require first response support for the mental health.
The course will cover:
• Understand mental health and wellbeing
• Understand how mental ill health affects the experience of
• Understand the mental health continuum
• Understand ways to self-manage own wellbeing
• Understand the principles of first aid for mental health
• Know how to recognise mental ill health in self and others
• Understand how to support mental wellbeing in the
• Understand how to promote a mental wellness culture in
• Understand the importance of resilience and protection of
self for first aiders for mental health.
Call to book