7th July 2023
09:30 - 16:00
St Helens Chamber
Thanks to funding from the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority’s Adult Education Budget we are pleased to be able to offer this course free of charge – provided that attendees were aged 19+ as of 31/8/22 and live within the Liverpool City Region.
This free course gives an introduction to Autism, covering what is meant by ‘autism’, theories and diagnosis; alongside common misconceptions associated with Autism and conditions that can co-occur with Autism.
NCFE Introduction to Autism
This course would be suitable for those aiming to, or who already work, in the following sectors – health & social care, education, early years, employability, leisure and voluntary.
Learners will work on the following;
- Understand what is meant by ‘Autism’ including Autistic Spectrum Condition, Asperger Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism
- Know theories related to Autism including Kanner, Wing & Gould
- Know how Autism is diagnosed
- Understand the characteristics that may be present in individuals with Autism
- Know about conditions that commonly co-occur with Autism
- Understand common misconceptions surrounding Autism.
Progression and related jobs:
You could progress onto further learning or expand your knowledge with our range of courses. This course suits any job role where you may come into contact with people on a regular basis.
For further information about this course contact Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email email@example.com
Call to book