24th April 2023 - 25th April 2023
09:30 - 16:00
Thanks to funding from the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority’s Adult Education Budget we are pleased to be able to offer this course free of charge – provided that attendees were aged 19+ as of 31/8/22 and live within the Liverpool City Region.
This two day accredited Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health is designed to help individuals obtain an understanding of mental health, as well as useful skills to spot the illness.
Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health Level 2
The first aider for mental health is not clinically qualified to assess, diagnose or treat mental ill health but they will know the basic tools to listen to individuals who require first response support for the mental health.
This course will be assessed via multiple choice exam
The course will cover:
- Understand mental health and wellbeing
- Understand how mental ill health affects the experience of individuals
- Understand the mental health continuum
- Understand ways to self-manage own wellbeing
- Understand the principles of first aid for mental health
- Know how to recognise mental ill health in self and others
- Understand how to support mental wellbeing in the workplace
- Understand how to promote a mental wellness culture in the workplace
- Understand the importance of resilience and protection of self for first aiders for mental health.
Progression and related jobs:
Students on this course could progress onto a Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health, or could use the skills in any job where they are dealing with people on a regular basis.
Call to book