2nd August 2021
09:30 - 16:00
Thanks to funding from the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority’s Adult Education Budget we are pleased to be able to offer this course free of charge – provided that attendees were aged 19+ as of 31/8/20 and live within the Liverpool City Region.
The Essential Digital Skills course defines the digital skills adults need to safely benefit from, participate in and contribute to the digital world. It supports the development of key digital skills such as using devices, creating and editing digital media, using technology to communicate, buying and transacting online, and how to stay safe and secure when using technology.
Whilst studying towards a Pearson Level 1 qualification in Essential Digital Skills, learners will gain knowledge and understanding in the following areas;
- Using Devices and Handling Information – including applications such as Chrome, Zoom and Adobe, cloud storage such as Google Drive, and use of Android and iPhones.
- Creating & Editing – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as Google Documents
- Communicating – covering email, instant messaging, video calls, social media and blogs, as well as how to stay safe during use
- Transacting – how to securely shop online, access online banking, pay utilities and Government services as well as the NHS App
- Being Safe & Responsible Online – protect your privacy, review your social media settings, avoid fraud and be able to identify suspicious activity, emails or websites.
Upon completion of this qualification, learners may wish to progress onto a higher level of learning, or utilise these skills in their search for employment or in their personal life.