Microsoft Word can be used to create just about any kind of business document, including company reports, proposals and plans. Your employees can become more organised and help your business build a library of documents, such as invoices, statements, receipts, memos and agendas. Using Word will help staff understand and brush up on their word processing skills, so that they can work more efficiently. The course will cover:
• Using Microsoft Word to format, edit and produce text–based documents
• Creating mail merged documents
• Paragraph and font formatting
• Using tables and graphs
Learn to make the best use of email software to safely and securely send, receive and store messages. On completion of this course you will be able to understand and use a range of basic e-mail software tools.
Delegates will learn how to:
• Use e-mail software tools and techniques to compose and send messages
• Attach files to e-mail messages and send
• Identify how to stay safe and respect others when using e-mail
• Use an address book to store and retrieve contact information
• Follow guidelines and procedures for using e-mail
• Identify when and how to respond to e-mail messages
• Identify what messages to delete and when to do so
• Organise and store e-mail messages
• Respond appropriately to common e-mail problems
This seminar is designed to help individuals who are in a Leadership or Management position understand the factors that may affect performance and motivation in the workplace. It looks at effective communication and how this can impact motivation levels and performance.
Delegates will develop an awareness and understanding of:
• The importance of effective communication in management
• How effective communication can impact on motivation and performance levels
• The factors that may affect performance and motivation of your staff
• An awareness of the theories of motivation and how these are relevant to your workplace
Are you looking for extra help at your business? Have you considered taking on an Apprentice? Come along to see the high calibre of young people who are looking for work. The informal events provide an efficient and convenient way for you to meet some of the best local young job seekers.
For further information on our Apprenticeship Programme
please email the Workforce Development team email@example.com or phone 01744 742333.
Negotiation is a method by which people reach a mutual agreement through a process of compromise. Successful negotiation is achieved by good planning, the appropriate use of power, the use of powerful tactics and techniques.
Having effective negotiation skills is becoming more and more important in a wide range of job roles. There are many situations where good negotiation skills are useful and occasionally essential.
Delegates will return from the course fully confident in their ability to:
• Understand the role of negotiation
• Prepare for every negotiation using a structured approach
• Use communication skills to effect
• Have improved confidence when negotiating
• Recognising the other side's negotiation style
• Avoid common pit-falls
Whether you have to negotiate with customers, suppliers or colleagues, this course will help you to refine your communication skills and define negotiating strategies that will make you more effective.
Getting potential customers to your website can be expensive. Whether your business uses SEO, Pay Per Click ads, leaflet drops or print advertising, bringing customers to your door costs money.
If your website isn’t converting visitors into customers, then a significant portion of your advertising spend will be wasted. During this seminar we will identify some of the main reasons why visitors leave websites and our top tips to ensure your website converts as many visitors as possible.
Delegates will have a clear knowledge of how to evaluate, test and analyse their website along with how website users interact with their site. By understanding these key principles, attendees will be armed with the knowledge that will see them able to
make alterations to their website, analyse and test increased levels of conversions and ultimately end up with a website that has a higher conversion rate than the standard 1-2%.
Presented by Search Online Marketing
If you are looking to step into management or team leadership or have just taken on this type of role, this seminar will introduce you to how to be a successful leader in the workplace. You will develop an awareness of key leadership & management theories.
Delegates will learn:
• An awareness of a range of leadership and management styles, and how they have a
place in different situations and with different types of people
• How to develop an awareness of emotional intelligence
• How to review the effect of emotions on your own and other’s performance
• To understand the importance of effective communication in management
Join St Helens Chamber for a fantastic afternoon of racing and networking at Haydock Park Racecourse. Enjoy full corporate hospitality in a private box overlooking the racecourse. Ticket
• Arrival Drink (Beer, Wine or Orange Juice)
• 2 Course Buffet Meal (Tea, Coffee, Cash Bar)
• 2 Complimentary tickets per guest for an alternative raceday (some exclusions apply)
• Complimentary Racecard
• Private Tote Betting Facility
• Reserved car parking – 1 pass per 2 guests.
The race day provides an excellent opportunity to entertain your guests, whilst enjoying excellent food and drink.
Are you expanding your workforce? Are you struggling to find the right candidate? Come along to see the high calibre of returner candidates who are looking for work.
St Helens Chamber are pleased to be able to support those people who are keen to return to the world of work after a career break. These motivated, local people have undergone training in a range of workshops and training courses via our reignite bootcamp programme with us in order to sharpen up their already excellent skillset.
This is your chance to provide an opportunity for a returner who has a vast range of life and work experience and is keen to prove themselves as a valuable asset to potential employers. Returners are those who left middle to high level jobs for a career break and are looking to re- enter the world of work at the level at which they left.
We work hard to put the right candidate in touch with the right business so that everybody benefits from this excellent initiative.
This informal event will provide an efficient and convenient way for you to meet some of the best local motivated job seekers.
For further information on our Re-Ignite Returners Programme please email the Workforce Development team firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01744 742333.
Training your employees on how to use Microsoft Excel can improve your business options, as well as improving productivity, by learning the best short-cuts and formulae to use
in different situations. Microsoft Excel can help your business when managing human resources, performance reporting, and operations management, by allowing staff to store information, analyse and report. The course will cover:
• Creating spreadsheets
• Data entry
• Text and number formats
• Basic mathematical functions
• Editing cells
• Basic data analysis skills through sorting and filtering
• Using formulae to analyse data
• Making your spreadsheet secure