Thanks to funding from the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority's Adult Education Budget we are pleased to be able to offer this course free of charge - provided that attendees were aged 19+ as of 31/8/20 and live within the Liverpool City Region.
Level 1 is ideal if you're just starting out in hair and beauty and want an understanding of the industry - enough to succeed in a job in the area or to move on to further study.
You complete two mandatory units:
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Presenting a professional imagine in a salon
Depending on whether you are wanting to go down the hairdressing or beauty route, you also choose one or a number of optional units from a range of 12, including:
- Skin care
- Nail art application
- Styling men's hair
- Styling women's hair
- The art of photographic make-up
What you will learn:
- Styling hair – blow dry, use of correct products, use of styling tools
- Applying basic make up – identifying the correct make up for varying tones of skin
- Manicures and pedicures – how to correctly file and polish nails
- Basic hair up’s - using styling products to secure styles
- Presenting yourself in a professional image
This course is ran every Tuesday and Thursday for four weeks at our purposed built Hair and Beauty Academy.
On successful completion of the course learners will achieve the City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in an Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector
For further information about this course contact Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org