Negotiation is a method by which people reach a mutual agreement through a process of compromise. Successful negotiation is achieved by good planning; the appropriate use of power and the use of powerful tactics and techniques.
Having effective negotiation skills is becoming more and more important in a wide range of job roles. There are many situations where good negotiation skills are useful and occasionally essential.
Delegates will return from the course fully confident in their
• Understand the role of negotiation
• Prepare for every negotiation using a structured approach
• Use communication skills to good effect
• Have improved confidence when negotiating
• Recognise the other side's negotiation style
• Avoid common pit-falls
Whether you have to negotiate with customers, suppliers or colleagues, this course will help you to refine your communication skills and define negotiating strategies that will make you more effective.