This course is designed to develop or improve your digital skills to support with searching for work. Digital Skills for Jobseekers will help you find your way safely around the internet, set up a personal email address if you don't already have one and make use of the internet for searching for work.
This course is suitable for anyone who has little or no experience with IT.
By completing this course you will increase your confidence and knowledge of digital platforms to help find an apply for a job online.
This course is delivered over 4 full days at our Clickworks building. Times are 9.30am-4.00pm.
During this course, you will:
- Understand how to use a computer/tablet/mobile device to aid job searching and universal credit applications
- Learn how to make Universal Credit applications online
- Use a word processing application to create, edit and produce a CV
- Learn how to connect to the internet and use browser software to navigate to web pages
- Use browser tools to search for job vacancies online
- Learn how to set up an email address and use email software to send and receive emails
- Learn how to download apps onto mobile devices, particularly job searching tools
On successful completion of the course you will gain the City & Guilds Entry Level 3 Award for IT Users.
For further information about this course contact Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org