This course provides an introduction to book-keeping practices and will teach you all you need to know about maintaining accurate records; including how to complete financial documents, record cash and credit transactions, understand petty cash systems and much more.
Candidates will be required to complete one externally set and marked test. This will consist of a number of practical tasks. The duration of this is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
This qualification is aimed at adults who want to develop skills and knowledge required for working in the accounting sector and will cover:
Completing financial documents
- State the purpose and identify the content of financial documents
- Calculate sales tax, trade discount, settlement (cash) discount, price extension on invoices and credit notes
- Complete financial documents
- Check the accuracy of financial documents
Recording cash and credit transactions
- Enter invoices and credit notes into appropriate day books
- Transfer the totals of the day books to the respective ledger accounts
- Post individual transactions from the day boo books to personal ledger accounts
- Record cash books transactions and credit transactions using double-entry book-keeping
Preparing Bank Reconciliation Statements
- Update a cash book (Bank balance using details from a bank statement)
- Reconcile the closing bank balance
- Prepare a bank reconciliation statement using appropriate information
Understanding petty cash
- Enter the opening balance in the petty cash book
- Analyse petty cash vouchers to appropriate analysis columns
- Balance and cross tally the petty cash book totals and analysis columns
- Transfer totals to ledger accounts as appropriate
- Restore the imprest
- Balance ledger accounts
- Bring down account balances to the following accounting period
- Extract the Trial Balance from the ledger and cash book, including the cash and bank balances in the cash book.#
On successful completion of the course learners will achieve the City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Book-Keeping and Accounts.
For further information about this course contact Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email email@example.com.