To complete this course you will need to have some working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
This course is delivered over 8 full days at our Clickworks building. Times are 9.30am-4.00pm.
UNITS DELIVERED ARE:
This is the ability to use Excel to record data in rows and columns, perform calculations with numerical data and present information using charts and graphs.
On completion of this unit a candidate should be able to select and use a wide range of intermediate spreadsheet software tools and techniques to produce, present and check spreadsheets.
1. Use a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
2. Select and use appropriate formulas and data analysis tools to meet requirements
3. Select and use tools and techniques to present and format spreadsheet information
Word processing software
This is the ability to use a Word for the creation, editing and production of documents. On completion of this unit a candidate should be able to select and use a range of intermediate word processing software tools and techniques to produce documents.
1. Enter and combine text and other information accurately within word processing documents
2. Create and modify layout and structures for word processing documents
3. Use word processing software tools to format and present documents effectively to meet requirements
Using e mail
This is the ability to make the best use of e-mail software to safely and securely send, receive and store messages. On completion of this unit ,the learner should be able to understand and make effective use of a range of intermediate e-mail software tools to send, receive and store messages.
The learner will be able to:
1. Use e-mail software tools and techniques to compose and send messages
2. Manage incoming e-mail effectively
On successful completion of the course learners will achieve the City & Guilds Level 2 Award for IT User.
For further information about this course contact Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org