Are you interested in developing your digital knowledge and skills?
This course will provide you with updated skills and abilities needed to build on existing knowledge, motivate further learning, and improve your employability in a wide range of fields and industries.
To complete this course you will need to have some working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
This course is delivered over 5 full days at our Clickworks building. Times are 9.30am-4.00pm.
AVAILABLE UNITS ARE:
Most employers expect employees to have Microsoft Word skills, and it's probably the most universally-consumed programme in businesses around the globe. Microsoft Office Essentials will help you understand and brush up on your word processing skills, so that you can develop skills and confidence you need to progress in your work and personal life. You will cover:
- Using a software application designed for formatting, editing and production of largely text-based documents.
- Creating mail merged documents
- Paragraph and font formatting
- Using tables and graphs
Microsoft Excel is perhaps the most important computer spreadsheets programme used in the workplace today. As a result, many employers expect employees to have a working knowledge of the software. Learning how to use Microsoft Excel can improve your employment options, as well as improving your productivity by learning the best shortcuts and formulae to use in different situations. You will cover:
- Creating spreadsheets
- Data entry
- Text and number formats
- Editing cells
- Basic data analysis skills through sorting and filtering
Microsoft PowerPoint is the most widely used presentation software in the world. The software is designed to help people to create a clean, visually engaging and information-rich presentation. On the Microsoft Office Essentials course you will learn skills and knowledge to operate and develop your own presentation through Microsoft PowerPoint. You will cover:
- How to create slides
- Using text boxes, shapes, images and drawing tools
- How to create excellent transitions and animations
- How to make a presentation flow using charts, graphs and tables
Improving Productivity Using IT
Computer software systems are all around us, and we use them a lot. knowing which systems to use for various tasks can help you work more effectively. This course can help you understand different IT tools, and provide a quick refresher on software you may not have used for a long time. You will cover:
- Choosing the appropriate IT systems and software to meet requirements.
- Using IT systems and software efficiently to complete planned tasks.
- Reviewing the selection and use of IT tools to make sure that tasks are completed.
On successful completion of the course learners will achieve the City & Guilds Level 1 Award for IT User.
For further information about this course contact Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email email@example.com