The City and Guilds Level 3 Award in Education and Training is part of a suite of Education and Training qualifications that replaced the Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the
Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS).
Delegates who successfully complete this qualification will have a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of students. They will be able to sequence learning, plan and deliver sessions, using
appropriate resources and teaching methods. They will also be able to identify the characteristics of effective assessment and feedback.
Who is this qualification for?
The qualification is for those;
• Who delivering education and training in any learning environment
• Who work, or want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector
• Who are not in a teaching/training role and want a qualification to enable them to make career choices
What does this qualification cover?
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers, including:
• The roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
• Inclusive teaching and learning approaches
• Facilitating learning and development for individuals / groups
• Understanding assessment in education and training
How is this course assessed?
Assessment is via written essays, an online test and the planning and delivery of a 20-minute microteaching session plus a
written evaluation of the session.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
There are no formal entry requirements but a good standard of English and IT is necessary as there is a written essay and the creation of a presentation for the microteaching assessment.
This course is accredited by City & Guilds.
10 x half options - starts 13th February 1/2 day per week for 10 weeks 9.30am-12.30pm