Are you interested in developing your digital knowledge and skills?
This course will provide you with updated skills and abilities needed to build on existing knowledge, motivate further learning, and improve your employability in a wide range of fields and industries.
To complete this course you will need to have some working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
This course is delivered flexibly to meet your needs, and the number of sessions you will need to attend will depend on which units you choose.
AVAILABLE UNITS ARE:
Improving Productivity Using IT
Computer software systems are all around us, and we use them a lot. knowing which systems to use for various tasks can help you work more effectively. This course can help you understand different IT tools, and provide a quick refresher on software you may not have used for a long time. You will cover:
- Choosing the appropriate IT systems and software to meet requirements.
- Using IT systems and software efficiently to complete planned tasks.
- Reviewing the selection and use of IT tools to make sure that tasks are completed.
Most employers expect employees to have Microsoft Word skills, and it's probably the most universally-consumed programme in businesses around the globe. Digital Essentials will help you understand and brush up on your word processing skills, so that you can develop skills and confidence you need to progress in your work and personal life. You will cover:
- Using a software application designed for formatting, editing and production of largely text-based documents.
- Creating mail merged documents
- Paragraph and font formatting
- Using tables and graphs
Microsoft PowerPoint is the most widely used presentation software in the world. The software is designed to help people to create a clean, visually engaging and information-rich presentation. On the Digital Essentials course you will learn skills and knowledge to operate and develop your own presentation through Microsoft PowerPoint. You will cover:
- How to create slides
- Using text boxes, shapes, images and drawing tools
- How to create excellent transitions and animations
- How to make a presentation flow using charts, graphs and tables
Microsoft Excel is perhaps the most important computer spreadsheets programme used in the workplace today. As a result, many employers expect employees to have a working knowledge of the software. Learning how to use Microsoft Excel can improve your employment options, as well as improving your productivity by learning the best shortcuts and formulae to use in different situations. You will cover:
- Creating spreadsheets
- Data entry
- Text and number formats
- Editing cells
- Basic data analysis skills through sorting and filtering
Using the Internet
The internet has become part of everyday life - from staying in touch with friends anf family to finding jobs online and sending CVs to employers. You will cover:
- Connecting to the internet
- Using browser software to navigate web pages
- How to search for information on Google
- Understanding the need for safety and security when working online
On successful completion of the course learners will achieve the City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in IT.
For further information about this course contact Starting Point on 01744 698800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org