Are you passionate about tackling youth unemployment in our region?
Support a local school as an Enterprise Adviser
St Helens Chamber is looking for volunteers from businesses large and small, to match with local schools and colleges as part of a Careers, Enterprise and Employer Engagement Plan for the Liverpool City Region.
The Enterprise Adviser Programme has been developed by the Careers & Enterprise Company to inspire and prepare young people for the world of work. Working together with Local Enterprise Partnerships, the company is building a national network of Enterprise Advisers and this is coordinated by St Helens Chamber for the St Helens and Halton area.
Your local Enterprise Coordinator will bring together schools, colleges and Enterprise Advisers in the area to develop effective employer engagement plans.
Who can be an Enterprise Adviser?
Enterprise Advisers are self-driven, committed individuals who are willing to provide support to a local school or college to help them prepare young people for the world of work.
Ideal candidates for the role of Enterprise Adviser are:
- Inspirational – helping schools to engage students in practical and memorable career learning experiences.
- Committed to support the Liverpool City Region’s young people into positive destinations.
- Well-informed – with a sound knowledge of the local labour market and the ability to match curriculum to employer need.
- Able to provide and develop vital leadership skills and share experience.
- Able to communicate and work with a wide range of partners, from teachers to employers.
- Well connected – with the knowledge and ability to unite schools and colleges to appropriate resources and support to ensure students are exposed to the broad range of pathways available to them.
- Key influencers of positive change – helping to safeguard the future workforce by educating and promoting the wide ranging opportunities available to young people.
What will you do as an Enterprise Adviser?
- Provide support to a school or college – this includes online and telephone support.
- Work with senior leadership team to develop a whole school strategy for careers, enterprise and employer engagement.
- You will be invited to attend networking and training events.
- You will be supported by a dedicated Enterprise Coordinator.
Benefits of becoming an Enterprise Adviser:
- Make a real difference to the lives of young people and to the community in which we live.
- Support the delivery of a high profile, national initiative that is championed by the Careers Enterprise Company, Cabinet Office, Senior Government figures and the Liverpool City Region Local Enterprise Partnership.
- Join a network of talented individuals, with the opportunity to develop ideas, share best practice and improve communication skills through working with a wide range of stakeholders, from senior management in education and the Enterprise Adviser community.
- Have a major input and impact on our future generation of employees by working on a strategic level in a local school or college.
Benefits to business:
- The chance to support your own future workforce development, enhancing existing recruitment tools.
- Hit targets for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Widen existing networks and contacts.
- Staff development for your own employees.
- Steer and influence the local employer forum.
- Play a key part in making sure young people are both enterprising and employable when they leave education.
To find out more about how you or your business can support the programme please contact Education Services on 01744 742000 or email email@example.com