What we can offer:
- Advice to developers on public engagement and development of Local Employment Strategies, to ensure opportunity fit with local economic employment.
- Understanding of local skills base, location assets and business sector strengths, enabling marketing to end users.
- Management of Meet the Buyer events and engagement with the local SME base, to enable local supply chain procurement.
- Free recruitment service into Apprenticeship vacancies to achieve Local Employment Strategy targets.
- Training provision, both for construction period and suitable for end user needs. St Helens Chamber delivers Apprenticeships, Traineeships and workforce development programmes, and will work strategically with end users to ensure maximum use of their Apprentice Levy.
- St Helens Chamber’s unparalleled integration into the local business community delivers a soft landing for end users, with business support, recruitment, training and profile/networking opportunities.
- Assistance to achieve environmental objectives, particularly through finding local suppliers & shortening supply chains, and accessing local energy suppliers and environmental services.
- Trusted help to achieve community / Corporate Social Responsibility objectives via opportunities to work with young people, mentoring, and schools.
Recovery NW chose St Helens for a new regional service centre. Recovery North West is one of the largest breakdown and vehicle recovery companies in the region, and the move to St Helens has been ideal for the business, with the M6, M62 and A580 easily accessible. This has enabled the company to dramatically improve arrival times to vehicle breakdowns and as a direct result of the new premises the company has won several contracts. The new service centre has created 12 new jobs. St Helens Chamber was consulted when the company encountered planning issues prior to taking over the site and provided financial support for site development costs. Now that the site is fully operational the directors are now considering Apprentice recruitment to add to the 10 new jobs already created at the St Helens site in the last year.
"Without the grant we wouldn't have had the St Helens site up and running as soon as we did - or we'd be working from a portakabin! As a direct result of the new premises we have won several new contracts and it has been key to retaining a major contact with a regional client. Without the support from the Chamber we wouldn't have been able to set up the site on time and would have risked losing a major customer" - Stephen Hall, Managing Director at Recovery North West.
North West Metal Sections manufactures reinforced steel sections for the UPVC industry, with customers across the UK. With support from St Helens Chamber over several years, the company has significantly expanded in Rainford, St Helens, growing the workforce from 17 to 42. St Helens Chamber has assisted with expanding and refurbishing premises, upgrading the IT system, achieving ISO Accreditation, and Apprentice recruitment.
"We were absolutely delighted to receive this backing. To know that the Chamber had really looked at our business and at our growth proposal, thought that it was viable and would support us to achieve it, felt like a real pat on the back." - Stuart Middleton, Director of North West Metal Sections.