|Expression of Interest closing date||20200316|
Request for Quotation – Social Media / PR programme to Promote a Novel and New Feeding Tube Medical Device.
Please click here to view source of tender
Nasogastric intubation is a common procedure with 1.4 million nasogastric tubes(NGTs) used in the UK annually.
Misplacement of tubes can have serious consequences for the patient. NHS Improvements have identified misplacement of NGTs as one of their “Never Events”, which are defined as “serious incidents that are entirely preventable.”
Incorrectly placed NGTs can lead to serious deterioration in patient health, prolonged hospital stays, invasive ventilation and death.
The current method used to assist confirmation of correct NGT placement is to test the gastric aspirate for pH. The AnG02 will check CO2 levels and pH, providing enhanced safety.
NGFS have developed and patented the innovative AnG02 device which uses two measures to detect safe placement, reducing the risk of never events, patient harm and risk of litigation. It reduces the need for x-rays to confirm placement, again reducing patient risk and costs for the NHS and other healthcare providers. Innovation lies in the combining the UK standard pH testing (which is limited by the availability of gastric aspirate) with the US standard of testing for CO2 into a single disposable cost-effective device. The AnG02 is superior to currently available technology as it does not require on-ward interpretation. The key innovation in safety is that the CO2 test is conducted without the need for stomach aspirate -a pulmonary misplacement in a ‘dry’ patient can still be detected.
• Through a social media strategy, raise the corporate profile of NGFS across target markets in the healthcare community (i.e. influencers and investors) . • Contribute towards generating awareness and understanding of NGFS’ technology. • Build, boost and maintain the visibility of the company through a range of social media channels, establishing an effective social media presence for the company
Overarching social media plan for NGFS directly linking to the corporate goals of the organisation.
• Team engagement around messaging/communications
• Key markets to be targeted
• Work plan and timelines for activity
• Ongoing strategic support through activity phase
• Bi-Monthly evaluation
• Strategic document and ‘strategy on a page graphic’ for rapid uptake
Development, management and ongoing daily content creation for NGFS branded social media accounts – Twitter and LinkedIn. Includes content ‘curation’, commentary, follower interaction and publicity for NGFS activity (such as key hospital interaction, technology development and the like).
Deliverable Timescale – 12 months project
Indicative Budget – £15-20k
Quotations will be assessed and scored on the following criteria:
Quality/ Technical Merit (50%)
Supplier must demonstrate they have the technical and professional capability to deliver the requirement.
Delivery Timescale (20%)
Supplier must demonstrate they can deliver the requirement to timescales above.
Cost/Value for money (30%)
Does supplier offer value for money. This will not necessarily be the cheapest quote.
4 Excellent Proposal meets and in some places, exceeds the required standard
3 Good Proposal meets required standard
Proposal meets the required standard in most respects, but is lacking or inconsistent in others
1 Poor Proposal falls short of expected standard
Completely or significantly fails to meet required standard or does not provide the relevant answer
Proposals should clearly demonstrate how they meet the requirement set out above.
Deadline and Submission
Proposals are required by 12pm, Monday 16th March electronically to email@example.com
Date Published – Friday 6th March 2020
This work is part funded though the European Regional Development Fund.
Conditions of Tender
• Please be aware that due to the relatively low indicative budget for this work (i.e. less than the current OJEU limits) there is no regulatory obligation for us to provide feedback if you are unsuccessful.
• We reserve the right to discontinue this tender process at any time and not award a contract.
• You will not be entitled to claim from us any costs or expenses which you may incur in preparing and/or submitting your Tender at any stage of this exercises. This applies whether or not your organisation is successful.