|Expression of Interest closing date||20191003|
Request for Quotation – Senior Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) Programmer – Liverpool
Please click here to view full RFQ document.
Founded in 2014, Skyhook Games is an Art Outsourcing Studio based in Liverpool, UK. We provide 2D and 3D art to a growing list of video games companies around the world.
We have a small core team of artists and designers which upscales via a growing database to service larger contracts. We are now looking to add programming services to our offering to clients, as well as work on an internal game in development.
We are looking for a supplier with expertise in gameplay programming to help us build a solid programming department both for internal and external projects. The successful consultant / agency will form the establishment of the new department and ensure best practices are in place from day one.
With our own internal game, the supplier will help to evaluate the coding requirements of the game and suggest efficient solutions for all areas. This will be used to assess scope, budget and ensure the game can be scaled to run optimally from high end PC down to Nintendo Switch.
• Working from our Game Design Document, provide programming specifications for the gameplay tasks in our WIP game.
• Work with art and design departments to provide best practice guides to creating efficient content.
• Assess external teams for suitability of providing additional code support.
• Build and run an optimal IT network with suitable source safe data backup.
• Write job specifications for hiring new programming staff and vetting applications.
• Commercial expertise of C++ in a games capacity.
• Ability to lead internal and external coding staff.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Troubleshoot and debug a variety of day to day studio issues
• Excellent working knowledge of Unreal Engine
• Ability to modify and build engine source code (UE4)
• Demonstrable skills, knowledge and understanding of multiple core systems, such as graphics, tools, audio, networking, memory handling, scripting, etc.
• Provide creative and innovative solutions to help optimize code across PC and current generation consoles.
• Write and maintain clean, commented code individually and as part of a team.
• Clear interest in games and cutting edge gaming architecture
• Good working knowledge of Perforce and UE4/VS integration and best practices.
• Excellent math and/or physics skills.
Starting shortly after appointment confirmation (anticipated early/mid-October 2019). 4 month project.
Indicative Budget £20,000
The supplier should be willing to work in our Liverpool office to help set up the required infrastructure.
Evaluation Criteria Quotations will be assessed and scored on the following criteria:
Quality/ Technical Merit (50%) – Supplier must demonstrate they have the technical and professional capability to deliver the requirement.
Delivery Timescale (20%) – Supplier must demonstrate they can deliver the requirement to timescales above.
Cost/Value for money (30%) Does supplier offer value for money. This will not necessarily be the cheapest quote.
4 Excellent – Proposal meets and in some places, exceeds the required standard
3 Good – Proposal meets required standard
2 Acceptable – Proposal meets the required standard in most respects, but is lacking or inconsistent in others
1 Poor – Proposal falls short of expected standard
0 Unacceptable – Completely or significantly fails to meet required standard or does not provide the relevant answer.
Proposals should clearly demonstrate how they meet the requirement set out above.
Deadline and Submission Proposals are required to be submitted electronically by Thursday 3rd October 2019 to; David Harper David.Harper@SkyhookGames.com
Date Published – Friday 20th September 2019
This work is part funded though the European Regional Development Fund Conditions of Tender
• Please be aware that due to the relatively low indicative budget for this work (i.e. less than the current OJEU limits) there is no regulatory obligation for us to provide feedback if you are unsuccessful.
• We reserve the right to discontinue this tender process at any time and not award a contract. NM2 RfQ V6 May18
• You will not be entitled to claim from us any costs or expenses which you may incur in preparing and/or submitting your Tender at any stage of this exercises. This applies whether or not your organisation is successful.