|Expression of Interest closing date||20180910|
Request for Quotation – Legal Advisor – Commercial Contracts – St Helens
Pronetix Ltd, T/A DriverNet, was established 3 years ago. It is an early stage start up about to launch its product on international markets, and is based in the Beechams Building St Helens. The company develops software services for cross sector fleet operators, enhancing safety, compliance and performance and processes during drivers’ end to end duties.
DriverNet’s service goes far beyond the traditional services offered by telematics solutions. DriverNet provides an app which digitally transforms a series of paper based systems that manage drivers in the field. Its modular services include vehicle safety checks, accident investigation and claims management, breakdown and recovery, driver performance and education, navigation journey manifests, customer alerts, fleet management and defect reporting all in one place. It also informs and reports on good and safe driver practice.
The company will have 2 revenue streams: 1 – Supply of B2B Saas products and 2 – Licensed software products.
Trials are now about to be launched with clients including Tower Transit, an international bus and coach operator, and St Helens Council. The company has also partnered with 02 Telefonica who will cross sell the product to their international clients with large fleet operations, including Stagecoach and Network Rail, which will underpin a period of rapid expansion. Discussions are also afoot on expansion into overseas markets such as Singapore and the USA via distribution partners, Ascendal Group.
The company now has a requirement to appoint a Company Commercial and Technology Lawyer to support it through this initial period and beyond.
In the first instance the company invites quotations for the following scope of work:
- Provision of a customer contract including T’s & C’s, policies, app and email disclaimers and procedures including data protection (storage, security and disclosure)
- Provision of a contract and agreement for a pilot and review of client memorandum of understanding.
- Advice on drawing up a commercial agreement with potential clients for supply of software services and licenses, terms of service etc
- A contract between DriverNet and their mapping and navigation partner Cartotype to effectively protect their IP on the software side so that they cannot distribute customer and user locations and data to any other customers’ partners close product details or manufacture the product for anyone else.
- A Reseller agreement for
- IP Audit
- Terms and conditions for a public version of the app to be released on the App store and Google Play.
Proposals will be assessed and scored on the following criteria:
Relevant skills & knowledge (20%)
Delivery Timescale (20%)
Recommendations and perceived reputation (10%)
Clarity of proposal (10%)
Ease of Communication (10%)
A shortlist will be selected for interview. Shortlisted candidates will be given the opportunity to ask questions prior to submitting a final quote. Final selection will be based on final quotation using the criteria above and the cultural fit with the business.
4 Excellent – Proposal meets and in some places, exceeds the required standard
3 Good – Proposal meets required standard
2 Acceptable – Proposal meets the required standard in most respects, but is lacking or inconsistent in others
1 Poor – Proposal falls short of expected standard
0 Unacceptable – Completely or significantly fails to meet required standard or does not provide the relevant answer.
We are looking to commence the project immediately, and completion is required by 31/09/18
This work will be part funded though the European Regional Development Fund. The project falls within the £2,500 – £24,999 bracket and therefore, under current Public Procurement Regulations, there is no formal tender procedure but a detailed written quotation is required.
Proposals should clearly demonstrate how they meet the requirement set out above.
Deadline and Submission
Proposals are required by 5.00pm on 10th September 2018, either electronically or by post/in person to Anthony Chisnall, CEO, DriverNet, Beechams building, University Centre St Helens, Water Street, St Helens, WA10 1PP
Tel. 07722 667592
Date Published: 27th August 2018.
This work is to be part funded through the European Regional Development Fund
Fund Conditions of Tender
• Please be aware that due to the relatively low indicative budget for this work (i.e. less than the current OJEU limits) there is no regulatory obligation for us to provide feedback if you are unsuccessful.
• We reserve the right to discontinue this tender process at any time and not award a contract.
• You will not be entitled to claim from us any costs or expenses which you may incur in preparing and/or submitting your Tender at any stage of this exercises. This applies whether or not your organisation is successful.