|Expression of Interest closing date||22/02/2023|
St Helens Chamber is inviting quotations to provide facilitation and leadership of a High Growth Peer Network for SMEs.
Please complete in line with the structure set out below and return as a pdf or Word document to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also use this email address for clarification questions.
|Deadline for Clarification Questions (5pm deadline)||Friday 17th February 2023|
|Return of Quotation (5pm deadline)||Wednesday 22nd February 2023|
|Those shortlisted may be invited for interview prior to decision.||w/c 27th February
Subject to need and availability
|Decision expected||Monday 6th March 2023|
St Helens Chamber has secured a contract with Liverpool City Region Growth Platform to deliver an ERDF-funded High Growth Peer Network cohort.
We wish to procure a Facilitator to lead and deliver Action Learning to 10-12 SMEs.
The period of delivery is 1/2/23 to 15/5/23.
All queries relating to this request for quotation shall be addressed, before 5pm 17th February 2023, to: email@example.com. Expressions of interest to receive all queries and answers should also be received by 5pm 17/2/23.
- Quotes must be submitted in accordance with these instructions and any further instructions contained in other documentation issued by the Chamber.
- Non-compliant or incomplete Quotes: Quotes will not be considered if any of the requested information is not supplied with the Quotes.
- Quotes will be received as a document attached to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Wednesday 22nd February 2023.
- The Chamber does not bind itself to accept the lowest Quotes or any Quotes at all and reserves the right to accept the whole or part or parts of any Quotes. The Chamber shall not be responsible for any costs incurred by the Contractor in preparing the Quotes.
- Prices should be shown as £XX+VAT i.e. exclusive of the VAT.
Total price should be broken down into constituent costs such as time, materials, travel and subsistence etc.
- Confidentiality of Quotes: The quoting company must not inform anyone else of their price or details of their proposal. The only exception is if you are required to obtain an insurance quotation then you may give details of your bid to the insurance company or brokers, if needed.
- Prior to contract award, discussing this RFQ with or attempting to influence Employees, Members and the Board of Directors of the Chamber is prohibited.
- Trading names/invoicing: Where invoices will be rendered by, or payments made to, an entity whose title differs in any respect from the company name in which the Quotation is submitted, full details must be provided in the Quotation.
- Except where the Chamber considers that questions are not material to the procurement process and the fullest understanding of its objectives, clarification questions (anonymised) and their replies will be emailed to all those who have expressed an interest. Expressions of interest to receive all clarification questions must be received by 5pm 17/2/23.
- The Chamber reserves the right, at its discretion, to request clarification in writing, or further relevant information, from any quoting company during the decision process.
- Evaluation Criteria
Our evaluation will be weighted as follows:
|Offer of service||40%|
|Experience and qualifications||30%|
|Value for money||30%|
1.4 St Helens Chamber Background
An inspiring social enterprise creating opportunity and success in our community.
We are a large and dynamic Social Enterprise, with a long history of helping the business community create prosperity and opportunity in and around St Helens. The Chamber is a unique organisation, a private sector not-for-profit, that works with local businesses, partners, and the community to contribute to inclusive growth and regeneration.
The purpose of St Helens Chamber is to identify and help drive activities which contribute to social, economic and environmental development, making our place better through living our core values of Giving A Voice, Leading Edge, Driven by Quality, and Supportive. Our role gives a voice to local business, as the creators of prosperity and opportunity, and supports our Members, local businesses, and residents. Our services inspire people to start and grow businesses, successfully start and progress their careers, and give back to their community to inspire others. By delivering our strategic objectives we are able to create substantial Social Value.
We are proud that St Helens Chamber is an award-winning high-quality organisation, well-respected as a delivery partner, and led by a private sector Board, all supported by the highest level of business Membership in the UK relative to our business base. We have clear objectives and priorities to deliver to the highest levels of quality and to ensure our sustainability as an organisation, enabling us to continue to deliver our Mission.
|2. Request for Quotation|
2.1 Introduction Peer Networks are a well-recognised method of assisting business owners and managers to work on their business, rather than in their business. St Helens Chamber has been a provider of excellent business support programmes for many years. We have facilitated successful Peer Networks and we know how effective these are in building owners and managers’ confidence, increasing their access to advice, and enabling new approaches to both business challenges and opportunities. The great advantage of Peer Networks is of course in the building of trusted networks of new connections, which support business owners both now and into the future. The High Growth Peer Network will consist of 10-12 High Growth SMEs, defined as those who have grown 20% year on year or who have the potential and plans in place to grow at this pace. This High Growth Peer Network does not have a specific sectoral focus. The majority of businesses will be located in and around St Helens. There will be one participant per SME.
The purpose of Action Learning sessions requires that each participant must own a task, problem or opportunity that they can present to the cohort and action within their business. It is also essential that each person takes part voluntarily and makes a commitment to act and learn from the effects of that action.
We envisage our High Growth Peer Network consisting of short, highly stimulating action learning sessions on management and leadership behaviours and skills, including activity on:· Management of Self and Self-Awareness· Choosing different leadership styles· Authenticity and Values· Communication and building relationships· Emotional intelligence. These skills may be supplemented with action learning sessions relating to:· Managing People · Strategic Planning· Investment Readiness · Strategic Marketing and/or Supply Chain Entry· Achieving Innovation and R&D
- To prepare and lead 6 x2 hour Action Learning Sessions to 10-12 participants, on a face-to-face basis during the period 1/3/23 to 15/5/23 (latest date). Rooms are provisionally held at St Helens Chamber and Saints to take place on Wednesday 15th, 22nd, 29th March, 19th & 26th April and 3rd May at Midday but these dates and times are adjustable.
- Agree overall content and schedule of High Growth Peer Network programme with St Helens Chamber, utilising elements of resources provided including our Management Development Programme.
- Add own resources and expertise to preparation of an engaging programme for participants, adapting this as necessary during the delivery of the High Growth Peer Network action learning sessions
- Record attendance, topics discussed, and progress made by participants, and provide all required paperwork and evidence to St Helens Chamber’s project administrator.
- Provide a reasonable amount of support to project participants outside of the delivery of sessions.
2.3 St Helens Chamber’s Responsibilities
St Helens Chamber is responsible for:
- Recruiting participants into the High Growth Peer Network
- Preparing claims and evidence of delivery for LCR Growth Platform.
- Providing project admin support such as room bookings, data entry to CRM system, telephone calls to check attendance etc.
2.4 Questions to Answer in the Quotation
- What is your previous experience of providing Peer Network or Action Learning leadership and facilitation services similar to those required by the Chamber?
- Outline your suggested programme for 6 x 2-hour sessions for participants, including any innovative elements you propose.
- Provide a description of the training, qualifications, experience and/or credentials you have to deliver this service. If anyone else will be involved in delivery, please provide full details of this person.
- Set out any expected resource demands on the Chamber.
- Provide your pricing proposal.
Prices should be shown as £XX+VAT i.e. exclusive of the VAT.
Total price should be broken down into constituent costs such as time, materials, travel and subsistence etc
2.5 Details of the response
- Response to be no more than 6 sides of A4 (Arial 10 font or larger).
Outside the page length stipulation above, please add:
- A completed and signed Agreement table set out below.
- Your CV (and CV of any other persons involved)
- One supporting testimonial.