|Expression of Interest closing date||20190604|
Request for Quotation – Financial Reporting System – Liverpool
As one of the U.K.’s leading providers of pre-employment and apprenticeship training, we are proud of the positive reputation we have established with businesses and learners during our decade of trading.
Our innovative, independent and influential approach has propelled individual employability opportunities on a national scale and ensured business growth and performance success for companies through our Ofsted accredited quality training, employability courses and apprenticeships.
Our results speak for themselves: in the past year we have aided over 3,000 people nationwide back into work, developing their industry skills and knowledge to guarantee employment success. Though we are based in the North West, our training services expand much further afield.
We understand the importance of equal opportunities and strive to ensure everybody has a fair chance to succeed within employment throughout the country. As a result of this, we operate nationally, providing employability courses from as far North as Newcastle, to the Midlands and as far South as London, as well as all major cities and pre-employment hotspots in between (London, Newcastle, Sunderland, Manchester, Liverpool, Wigan, Bolton, Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Chester, Wolverhampton and many others).
Our services extend to all: from the unemployed who are looking for skills training to begin work in a new job sector, or for an employee at any level looking to progress within a business, our courses cover a wide range of industries and levels nationwide .
We require support in order to design and implement a full financial reporting system. This is a necessity as currently this function is completely lacking internally despite the size of the existing companies profit and turnover. A new board of directors has been created who have unanimously agreed that in order to accurately manage financial growth and crucial the cash flow of large contracts awarded to TSL, a fully functioning and accurate financial reporting system is needed.
Our specific project requirements are as follows;
1. Provide TSL with a detailed and expert understanding of how the profits are performing against budget and crucially the cash flow requirements of our expansion plans. This will focus predominantly on the payment terms of debtors, staff salaries when large new contracts are secured, consultant costs to support our internal teams.
2. Highlight the finance options available if they were required at any point as either a viable enhanced growth option, or a “buffer” option should cash flow appear tight at any point in time.
3. Assessment and summary of the pros and cons of each funding option available to TSL. This will focus on financial cost, security implications, speed of accessing funds etc. 3. The directors have recognised that the internal financial systems of TSL, and the reporting of these to the board, are not strong enough for a company of this size with growth and expansion ambitions. This project will enable TSL to build the knowledge and expertise, alongside internal financial systems, in providing a high quality financial reporting structure.
4. The project will provide TSL with the access it needs to an individual who has demonstrated the required skill set to deliver support in financial management on an interim basis. This individual will help to monitor actual vs projected targets, cash flow scenario and sensitivity analysis around the impact of the key cost drivers, namely being debtor days and salaries and consultant costs. During this time the financial and also tendering teams will be improved through being around and working with this individual and provide development benefits right throughout TSL.
5. Work towards building strong and robust internal financial reporting systems and structures which can then be accessed by the existing team. These need to be user friendly so that once the projected is completed, a handover to the existing team will be both straightforward, immediate and fluid.
The key drivers behind this project are the opportunities for growth in the sector, and managing these closely against the cash flow they carry. This is driven by fluctuations in the payment of large contracted invoices, growth in new contracts and the differing payment terms each organisation stipulate, and assessing the impact each will have on the cash flow. We are excited about the opportunities out there and require the financial support through this project to achieve our goals.
The ideal candidate will be someone with the financial, technical and professional capability to deliver financial planning and cash flow analysis, knowledge of the sector in which TSL operates, personable to work within the existing team of staff.
Deliverable Timescale Commencing circa 10th June 2019, completion by 6 th August 2019
Indicative Budget Up to £20,000 plus VAT Evaluation Criteria Quotations will be assessed and scored on the following criteria:
Quality/ Technical Merit (50%) Supplier must demonstrate they have the technical and professional capability to deliver the requirement.
Delivery Timescale (20%) Supplier must demonstrate they can deliver the requirement to timescales above.
Cost/Value for money (30%) Does supplier offer value for money. This will not necessarily be the cheapest quote.
Proposals should clearly demonstrate how they meet the requirement set out above. Deadline and Submission Proposals are required by 4 th June 2019 electronically to Sean Lynch, Training Strategies Ltd SeanLynch@trainingstrategies.co.uk
Date Published 21st May 2019
This work is part funded though the European Regional Development Fund. Conditions of Tender
• Please be aware that due to the relatively low indicative budget for this work (i.e. less than the current OJEU limits) there is no regulatory obligation for us to provide feedback if you are unsuccessful.
• We reserve the right to discontinue this tender process at any time and not award a contract.
• You will not be entitled to claim from us any costs or expenses which you may incur in preparing and/or submitting your Tender at any stage of this exercises. This applies whether or not your organisation is successful.