|Expression of Interest closing date||20190217|
Request for Quotation – Financial planning, modelling and finance raising, developing quality management systems, interim finance management – Liverpool
APFS Limited was incorporated in March 2009 and provides plastering services through both their staff and sub-contractors to major construction and housing company projects in the local area of Liverpool and Merseyside, in addition to the whole of the UK.
Tony Ludden is the director/shareholder and driving force behind APFS. He runs the day to day operations of the company and is supported by a small internal team and a wider range of highly experienced and reliable group of sub-contract workers.
All staff and sub-contractors are fully qualified in their trade which is very important when APFS has a reputation for and is expected to provide a consistently high standard of service.
APFS recorded turnover of circa £750k in it most recent set of filed accounts and has expansion plans which have arisen following discussions with large customers who themselves are expanding and require a partner on-board to provide plastering services
1. Provide APFS with a more detailed and expert understanding of how the profits can be managed during a period of growth and more importantly the cash flow implications of various growth scenarios focused around the payment terms of creditors, staff salaries when large new contracts are secured, implications of extended debtor days from large, new customers.
2. Highlight the finance options available, the impact they have on cash flow in conjunction with the points in 1 above. APFS also requires assistance in assessing all forms of finance, security implications, the actual application process, and various scenario analysis of each to ensure the amounts offered are in line with the short to medium term growth objectives of APFS.
3. The directors are fully aware that the financial systems operated in APFS are nowhere near suitable or stringent enough for a company approaching £1m turnover with aspirations of doubling this in the next 3 years. The intention is to build high quality reporting systems and management tools which will ensure the financial and reporting systems are not a hinderance during a period of significant growth and that they work in harmony with the other departments and systems within APFS like procurement, sales (tenders/bids) marketing etc.
4. During this period of growth, APFS will require the support of an interim financial manager to monitor actual vs budget performance, flex cash flows each time a key assumption is changed in some way (larger contract tendered for to assess cash flow implications, changes to debtors or creditor days etc). they will also provide support over the period to help develop the systems in place within the existing finance team.
5. Work with the finance team to build financial reporting systems which can be easily used by staff members to assess ongoing performance and also to assess the viability and cash flow implications of individual projects and also their overall impact on APFS.
Commencing February 2019, completion by April 2019
Indicative Budget Up to £25,000
Quotations will be assessed and scored on the following criteria:
Quality/ Technical Merit (50%) Supplier must demonstrate they have the technical and professional capability to deliver the requirement.
Delivery Timescale (20%) Supplier must demonstrate they can deliver the requirement to timescales above.
Cost/Value for money (30%) Does supplier offer value for money.
This will not necessarily be the cheapest quote.
4 Excellent – Proposal meets and in some places, exceeds the required standard
3 Good – Proposal meets required standard
2 Acceptable – Proposal meets the required standard in most respects, but is lacking or inconsistent in others
1 Poor – Proposal falls short of expected standard
0 Unacceptable – Completely or significantly fails to meet required standard or does not provide the relevant answer
Proposals should clearly demonstrate how they meet the requirement set out above.
Deadline and Submission Proposals are required by 17th February 2019 electronically to Tony Ludden, APFS Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Published 7 th February 2019
This work is part funded though the European Regional Development Fund Conditions of Tender
• Please be aware that due to the relatively low indicative budget for this work (i.e. less than the current OJEU limits) there is no regulatory obligation for us to provide feedback if you are unsuccessful.
• We reserve the right to discontinue this tender process at any time and not award a contract.
• You will not be entitled to claim from us any costs or expenses which you may incur in preparing and/or submitting your Tender at any stage of this exercises. This applies whether or not your organisation is successful.